How to apply for a Delhi Death certificate | MCD online death certificate in east Delhi, North Delhi, South Delhi at https://mcdonline.nic.in.
MCD Death Certificate: A death certificate is an essential legal document issued to the family of the deceased. The document helps claim legal services such as pension, social schemes and act as a proof document. Families must register every death. The applicants need to register the process with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi. This applies under the registration of the death Act 1961. Once registered, the Corporation will provide a death certificate copy.
The law requires eligible families or people to register death within 21 days from the actual date.
- Suppose death occurs in the hospital, the respective medical officer should report/record /register the death to the authorities.
- If it happens in the house, the head of the house should report and register the death to the registrar’s office.
- Death can also happen in jail; the hail officer must register the deceased to the concerned registrar’s office.
- If death happens in public places, the local police or headman of the area should record and register the death.
MCD Death Certificate
- Affidavit to show the time of death.
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- A No Objection certificate NOC
- Identity proof details
- Birth proof documents
- Application fee.
Importance of Death Certificate
A death certificate is essential for family members. It holds the following significance:
- It’s a legal document indicating the deceased time of death, personal data, place of death, and date.
- The death certificate shows the cause of death of the person.
- The certificate is a proof document to relieve the deceased from legal services such as paying loans, government social incentives, etc.
- For property transfer to legal heir, the respective applicants should present a death certificate.
- It’s a proof document that helps a family member receive insurances, pension, and legal benefits.
- A death certificate helps in genealogical details.
Death Registration Fee
There is a legal fee set by the government for the death registration process as follows.
- Death registered within 21 days from the date of occurrence is not charged (free).
- Registration after 21 days (21 to 30 days) the respective medical officer and MOH will verify details. A fine of Rs. 25 will apply for the late reporting and registration.
- Once the registration goes past 30 days, the case is directed to the Joint Director of Statistics. The Director will issue the certificate with a fine of Rs. 50 and affidavit form.
- Death registered after a year requires the applicant to provide, cause of death certificate, cremation certificate, and an affidavit. The first class magistrate has the responsibility to issue the certificate.
How to Register Birth and Death Certificates Online
To register for date of birth and death certificates in North DMC, south DMC, or East DMC, the user can use the Delhi Municipal Corporation portal (MCD Online).
- Visit the Municipal Corporation of Delhi MCD website portal.
- Choose the Municipal region
North DMC, south DMC, or East DMC.
- Select the “registration of birth and death option to proceed
Click “registration by empanelled institution” to proceed.
- The page will display the death registration form on the screen
Key the requested details such as date of birth, date of death, father and mother's name, address, and more
- Recheck the information and click submit tab
The system will open the payment page
- Next pay Rs. 21 and download the MCD Delhi death certificate
The applicant can pay via credit card, net baking, debit card, etc…
Delhi Death Certificate Offline Application Process
- The applicant can download the registration/application form from the website.
- Next, you need to provide the required documents and fill in all mandatory details on the form.
- Next, submit the details to the respective officer. The officer will scan the documents and apply for the death certificate online.
- Next, pay the set death certificate fee, the officer will provide a receipt for the same.
- Once the application happens, the system will send an SMS to the registered mobile number.
- The officer will verify the information and provide the death certificate. The manual process might take five working days from the date of application.
How to Check Death Certificate Application Status
- Visit the Delhi Municipal Corporation website page.
- On the menu, click the application status link.
- Next, key in your application ID and select submit tab.
- The page will show the application status on the screen.
How to Verify Death Certificate details
- Open the official website page.
- Enter your registration number on the menu to proceed.
- Select submit button to get the death certificate details on the screen.
- The user can download the information for reference.
|Delhi Municipal Corporation Online Services||Links|
|North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC)||https://mcdonline.nic.in/ndmcportal/service|
|South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC)||https://mcdonline.nic.in/sdmcportal/service|
|East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC)||https://mcdonline.nic.in/edmcportal/service|
- How many days should eligible applicants take to apply for a death certificate?
The law requires every death to be registered within 21 days from the date of occurrence.
- MCD Full Form
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD)
- MCD REGISTRATION OF BIRTH & DEATH certificate link
Direct link http://mcdonline.gov.in/tri/ndmc_mcdportal/onser/reg-of-death-birth.html
- MCD Online new website portal