How to activate SBI debit card for online transaction. State Bank Debit Card Activation 2023 through State Bank Net Banking, SMS Method, IVR Calling, ATM, YONO App. SBI Debit Card Activation Online Without Net Banking Step by Step Procedure
SBI Debit Card Activation
A State bank of india debit card is a legal banking document that helps users withdraw or make payments directly from their accounts. The card is also referred to as a check card. Debit cardholders can purchase goods and pay for services using the debit card. The card allows user to deduct they own money from the account, unlike a credit card. Where the credit provider lends the user on particular interest during refund.
SBI Bank in India is a renowned financial institution that offers various banking services. It provides both digitalized and manual systems to suit all customers. SBI users can enjoy various types of debit cards based on preference and benefits. In the past, State bank helps users process the debit card application and later send it to the user’s address.
However, the Debit card package contained a PIN and card with a more advanced system and safety measures. The bank has transformed to better banking facilities that allow the user to activate their debit card. The bank sends the card while the user activates the PIN. There are several ways to start the SBI debit card as follows.
How to Activate SBI Debit Card
- Activation through SMS
- Calling support
- Visiting the ATM
- Internet banking system.
How to Activate SBI ATM Card Online/ SBI Net Banking
State Bank Net banking facility is an online service accessible using a mobile, computer, or any internet-connected device. The service helps in different banking and financial services such as transferring funds, balance checks, account statements, ATM activation, etc…
Step by Step process to activate sbi debit card
- Open the SBI net banking platform using the link “https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/”
- On the SBI Online login page
- Enter the username and password details to continue.
- Next, select the option “e-services” >”ATM card services.”
- The system will open a new page select the tab “New ATM card activation.”
- Now select your account or the account you wish to activate the PIN.
- Enter the debit card number and confirm the number.
- Next click “activate” tab >”confirm.”
- The system will send an OTP code to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the code and select confirm button
- The system will send a confirmation message on card activation
- If you need to create SBI ATM PIN
- Then the user should visit the ATM to create an ATM PIN
How to Activate an SBI Debit Card Using SMS Method
SMS method is a convenient method for any SBI customer. The process doesn’t require internet, and it’s accessible on any mobile device.
On your mobile phone SMS section, type: PIN<space>last 4 digits of the debit card<space>last 4 digits of the bank account number.
- For Example, PIN 4567 0987 to 567676.
Note the SMS should be sent from the registered mobile number with the SBI account. The system will send an OTP code to your mobile number. The code is valid for 24hours; the user should visit the SBI ATM for activation. Insert the card in the ATM and enter the code. Now the user can change the PIN to a preferred PIN.You can now utilize the debit card.
SBI Debit Card Activation Through Calling IVR
SBI interactive voice response number is also a simple way to get your debit card activated.
- The SBI debit card user should call the number 1800 4253800 or 1800112211 using the registered mobile number.
- The system will offer several instructions regarding your debit card and account number.
- A 4-digit PIN will be sent to your mobile number.
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM and insert the card on the machine.
- Enter the PIN and also change it to your preferred PIN.
- Now you can enjoy the debit card services.
How to Activate an SBI Debit Card using the ATM
- Visit the SBI ATM near you.
- Swipe the card on the ATM and click the “PIN generation” option.
- Enter your bank account number >mobile number registered with the bank account.
- Recheck the information and click the “confirm” button.
- The system will send a confirmation message. Which thanks to the user for using SBI green initiative.
- Click confirm button to continue with pin generation.
- Next, the screen will display confirmation on the pin generation process.
- The system will send a 4-digit temporary PIN on your mobile number.
- Use the pin to log in and change the pin to the new one.
The user must insert the card again and proceed to the banking section: next click PIN change and key in the temporary PIN. Once you change the PIN, you can use the card for any service.
How to Activate an SBI Debit Card Using YONO APP
- Go to SBI YONO mobile app on your mobile phone.
- New users should download and install the YONO app from the Google play store or App store.
- After registration, log in using your username and password.
- On the menu, click the “service request” tab.
- Next, click the “debit card service” option and enter the SBI profile password.
- Select ATM or debit card activation tab >enter the account number and ATM number.
- The app will send an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP code to activate the debit card.
Can i Turn Switch-On and Switch-Off SBI Debit Card Usage
SBI Debit Card holder can Switch-On and Switch-Off Usage (Domestic/International) and Channels (Ecom/POS/ATM/NFC) for his/ her SBI Debit Card through ATM/ Internet Banking/ YONO App/ YONO Lite/ IVR and Branches.
I cannot find my SBI debit PIN on the SBI debit card package?
The SBI bank abolished the system and sent the ATM/debit card only.The user needs to activate the PIN using above mention systems.
Can I activate my debit card through the bank branch?
Yes, if the user finds it challenging, they can visit the bank for SBI debit card activation. The bank officers will help in the activation process.