How to Apply for PRAN number online and offline process. How to GET PRAN Number. Pran Status Check online at npscra.nsdl.co.in
Retirement plans are essential, especially when one is active and working. It’s advisable to have a good saving and retirement kitty. To ensure a better livelihood once retired and less active. Most people find it challenging to retire at 55 or more since they don’t have enough savings or retirement benefits to cater to their families. However, the government of India tries to provide a safe landing for all employees both in government and unorganized sectors.
There are various saving schemes developed to allow workers to save funds for future use. The NPS or National Pension System is a popular scheme launched to assist in retirement-related details. Initially, the scheme was established for government employees but later launched to accommodate employees in all sectors. It’s an excellent way to encourage workers to save despite the salary range and sector.
Once registered under NPS, the applicant gets a pran number or Permanent Retirement Account Number. The number is unique for every employee and contains 12-digits. It’s designed to operate for the whole work life. This means an employee cannot have two PRAN numbers.
How to Get PRAN Number
Accounts that Can Use PRAN
- Tier I account: It’s a retirement saving account; users cannot withdraw funds unless they attain the retirement age.
- Tier-II account: the Tier II account is open to withdrawals and voluntary savings. The account doesn’t provide any tax benefits.
How to Apply PRAN CARD
To apply for a PRAN card, the users can use the Aadhaar card or PAN. The process is available on the NSDL/ Karvy website page. The CRAs cater for the NPS account opening details.Follow the steps below to complete the application process.
How to Apply for PRAN Card Online Application Using Aadhaar
- Open the NSDL website portal and select the NPS link.
- Next, the page will show the “registration” option; click to proceed.
The page will request the user on how they wish to proceed with the registration.
- Choose the
“Register with Aadhaar offline e-KYC” tab to continue.
- Now complete the KYC details through Aadhaar OTP
The code will be sent to the linked mobile number.
- The system will display all your KYC information (photo and documents) on the screen.
Next, enter the mandatory details on the page.
- Proceed and upload your signature in JPEG or JPG specifications.
The user can also edit the photo and upload a new photo.
- The system will open the payment page
This will help in depositing your contributions to the NPS account. You can credit the account using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
Applying for PRAN Using PAN Number
- Go to the NSDL website page.
- Next, click the “National Pension System” option on the homepage menu.
- Proceed and click the “registration” button.
- Select registration by PAN and go to the KYC details option.
- Ensure your bank account KYC details are authorized with NPS to ease the KYC verification process.
- Note the name and address should match with KYC data.
- Enter the required details and upload the digital signature.
- Proceed to the payment page to make your contribution towards the NPS account.
How to Apply for PRAN Offline
- Visit the authorised NPS offices or points.
- Next request for PRAN application form from the officers.
- Enter the requested details on the form and attach the mandatory documents.
- First, verify the documents and proceed to the payment page.
- Once the registration is done, the office will send the PRAN card to the provided address.
Required Application Documents For PRAN
To successfully attain the PRAN card, the user should provide the following details.
- Applicant’s PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Application form
- A bank passbook copy.
- Recent passport photo (scanned).
- Scanned applicant’s signature.
NRI PRAN Application Process
- The NRI applicant needs to select one option: repatriable account or non-repatriable account through the offline method.
- Next, provide NRE/NRO bank account data and a scanned passport.
- Proceed and give the correct address (overseas address or permanent address.
How to Check PRAN Card Status
The PRAN card is sent through post after 20 days from the date of application submission. One can also check the application status in case of delays.
- Navigate to the NPS website portal on the NSDL page.
- On the menu, click PRAN application status using acknowledgement number.
- A new page will show click “subscriber registration request status.”
- Next, enter the requested details and captcha code.
- Recheck the information and click the search button.
How to Activate PRAN Card
- On the NSDL website portal link,
- Click on the “e-sign” option under eSign/print and courier.
- The system will direct you to a new page, generate an OTP code for verification.
- The system will send the code to the registered mobile number.
- After verification, the system will eSign the details and send a confirmation message.
- Once the system eSign the PRAN card, the user doesn’t require to send a physical copy for verification.
Note the process is charge Rs. 5 and applicable service tax.
- Can an employee have more than one PRAN card?
No, the PRAN card is only generated once and used for a lifetime. It's unique, and each member registered under NPS should have their PRAN to access the NPS account.
- Can employees transact on NPS without PRAN?
Every registered employee under NPS must get a PRAN card to operate the NPS account.
- PRAN Full Form
Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN)
- PRAN LOGIN
Direct link: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html