Instagram Account Delete: How to permanently delete your Instagram Account: Deactivating an Instagram account temporarily
Delete Instagram Account
Instagram is a famous and most sought-after social media platform. It allows users to create creative content for fun, advertisement, and business. Instagram users also post pictures, videos, and songs, gaining popularity through views, likes, comments, and sharing. To access the global social platform, users should create an Instagram account.
The account is governed by set rules from developers to ensure proper moral and social coordination. The platform is strict on privacy matters and prohibits the use of copyrighted materials on the platform. Instagram users enjoy various privileges and create different content based on preference. It’s a fun platform and also a business marketing space for many. One can attract followers from anywhere in the world by creating unique content, videos, and pictures.
An Instagram account holder can opt to delete permanently or deactivate the account for a while. The process is applicable both on desktop and mobile devices. However, it’s not possible through mobile applications.
Deactivating Instagram Account
Deactivating an Instagram account offering the user a short break from social media. The process is better than deleting the account permanently. Deactivation retains your content, followers, and login details. However, one can create a new account and start from scratch.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account (on desktop)
- Go to your preferred browser.
- Open the Instagram platform and enter login details.
- On the page, select the profile picture option on the top-right corner.
- Click “edit profile.”
- Next, proceed to the tab “temporarily disable my account.”
- Choose the best option on why you want to disable the account.
- Enter your password and click the “temporarily disable my account” option.
The request will take effect immediately; your account content will disappear from followers’ views. No follower can access your data until the account is reactivated.
Instagram users can deactivate their accounts from any period. The platform doesn’t limit users on deactivate duration. However, suppose the user reactivates the account and wishes to disable it again, they need to wait one week to deactivate.
Instagram Contents and Followers After Disabling the Account
Disabling is quite different from deleting the account. The user contents and followers will remain intact until the reactivation and login process takes place. Note the details will disappear from the platform. The followers cannot unfollow since they cannot trace your account.
How to Delete Instagram Account
The delete action takes away all contents, videos, followers, and all information on the account. To delete the user requires login information.
Deleting an Instagram Account on an iPhone Device
- Go to the phone browser page.
- Proceed to Instagram “delete your account page.”
- Login to your account if not using the login credentials.
- Enter the reason why you’re deleting your account
- Re-enter the password and select “permanently delete my account.”
How to Delete an Instagram Account On the Desktop
- Open the desktop browser.
- Next, go to Instagram “delete your account page.”
- The user should log in if they haven’t to proceed.
- Click an option when asked why you wish to disable/delete the account.
- Now enter your password and select the permanently delete my account option.
Removing an Instagram Account from the app
To avoid deleting or disabling the Instagram app. The user can remove it from the app easily. Once removed, the user can only install back a new Instagram account or use a different account.
- Go to Instagram app on your device.
- Click on the feature on the profile picture.
- Next, select the arrow pointing down next to the username option.
- On the page, select the three horizontal lines and press the log out button.
- The process work if the user is login to the account.
How to Remove one Instagram account from Multiple Accounts
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Next, press and hold on to the Instagram app.
- Click the delete app option.
- Proceed to the App Store and search for Instagram.
- Download, install and open the app.
- Now choose the account you want to remove.
- Click the remove button to complete the process.
Instagram users should note that disabling an account help retain your data. The deleting choice permanently removes all information about your account. It automatically removes your followers, videos, pictures, and all details. The deleting part cannot be reversed or reactivated. The user needs to create a new account and start gain followers and uploading content from scratch. link
- Can I use my old password and username to create a new Instagram account after deleting it?
No, the user needs to create new login details for the new account. Reactivation from a disabled account allows for old login credentials.
- Can my followers unfollow after I disable my account for a while?
The disable action hides all your account details. Your followers cannot trace your account information when the account is disabled. This makes it difficult to like, follow or unfollow the account details.
- Why can I disable my account immediately after reactivation?
Instagram has set a strict rule of disabling an account after one week once you reactivate the account.