Steps to Locking and Unlocking Aadhar Card Biometric Data Online with in a minute. Aadhar Biometric Unlock & Aadhaar Biometric Lock Online. Aadhar fingerprint unlock/Block step by step given below.
Tech devices are the perfect solutions to save one’s biometric data. It’s easy to retrieve, safe and reliable source. However, the technology also has loopholes that can cause data leakage and hacking causing a mess in people’s lives. India is a developed country that utilizes digital tools and cards to hold individual data. Residents can avail their biometrics or demographic information through an Aadhaar card for easy access.
Banks and financial institutions utilize the Aadhaar card to access customer bio-data and other crucial details. However, the system can or might have flaws that risk user details. UIDAI has offered an open service to lock or unlock the Aadhaar biometrics to curb the risks. The locking features help bar other people or channels from accessing your card information. Once the biometrics are locked, one cannot use an Aadhaar number for the authentication process. However, the user can use a virtual ID (16-digit) to verify any information whenever required.
How to Lock and Unlock Aadhaar Biometric Online Details
Locking and unlocking Aadhaar Biometrics
The UIDAI allows Aadhaar cardholders to lock and unlock their biometrics for a particular timeline. This keeps the card secure from potential hackers. The unlock feature will limit the user from various authentication services. One can lock or unlock the card online or offline via SMS. The aadhaar card is designed as a unique identifier that provides address and identity proof. The new locking feature will help user control access to card details.
How to Lock Aadhaar Biometric Online
To lock in Aadhaar biometrics, one should have their virtual ID to help in the verification process. One can acquire the user can visit the official page or use SMS.
- Go to the UIDAI website page https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bio-lock
- Open the UIDAI account and select the “My Aadhaar” option under the Aadhaar service section.
- Select the “Aadhaar lock/unlock” option to proceed.
- Next, enter your Aadhaar number or virtual ID.
- Proceed to the captcha code and press the “send OTP” to avail the code on your registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP to verify details and proceed to a new page.
- Next, select the “enable” button to complete the locking process.
- Note the user will require the verification code during unlock process.
Once the bio-data is locked, the cardholder cannot use biometric or demographic data for verification.
Aadhar Biometric Unlock Online
Steps to unlock Aadhaar Biometric online
- Visit the UIDAI web portal https://uidai.gov.in/
- Open the homepage options and select the “My Aadhaar” option under the Aadhaar service section.
- Proceed to the “Aadhaar lock/unlock” button.
- Choose the “unlock UID” and enter your “virtual ID” and captcha code.
- Next, select “send OTP” to receive the code on your mobile number.
- Use the OTP and press submit button.
- The system will unlock the Aadhaar biometrics.
How to Lock Aadhaar Biometric Using mAadhaar app
Steps to lock Aadhaar Biometrics using the mAadhaar app
- Open your mAadhaar app on your smartphone.
- Select the three-dotted icon in the upper right corner.
- Proceed to the biometric settings and press the “enable biometric locking box” option.
- The page will send an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- The system will accept the code automatically for the verification process.
- After the validation procedure, the system will lock the biometric.
- The process will take 6 hours to complete.
How to Unlock Aadhaar Biometrics in mAadhaar Application
- Open the mAadhaar app and proceed to the profile section.
- Next, select the three-dotted line on the page and press the biometric settings tab.
- Now, uncheck the “enable biometric locking box” and proceed to the “tick mark” to complete the process.
- The page will send an OTP and automatically validate the details.
- After verification, the system will unlock the biometric in a few seconds.
Lock Aadhaar Biometric by SMS
Steps to lock Aadhaar using the SMS method
Using your mobile phone, send an SMS in the following format:
- Send an SMS: GET OTP <space> last four or eight digits of Aadhaar number to 1947.
- Next, send the locking request: LOCKUID <space> last four digits of Aadhaar card number <space> OTP (received on first step).
- The system will send a confirmation message about the locking process.
Unlock Aadhaar Biometric by SMS
Step by step to unlock Aadhaar via SMS
The cardholder should have a virtual ID to proceed with the unlocking of the Aadhaar biometrics. To avail the virtual ID, the user should send an SMS to 1947.
- GVID <space> last four digits of Aadhaar number > send to 1947. To get the virtual ID.
- To get an OTP send an SMS: GETOTP <space> last six digits if virtual ID to 1947.
- To unlock the biometrics send an SMS: UNLOCKUID <space> last six digits virtual ID <space> six digit of OTP.
- A confirmation message from UIDAI to unlock the biometrics.
How to Get Aadhaar VID (virtual ID) Online
- Go to the UIDAI website portal link.
- Select “My Aadhaar” button > click “virtual ID (VID) Generator” option.
- A new page will open, displaying the VID Generator login page.
- Click the VID Generate VID option, and enter the required details like Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- Next, select “send OTP” to get the OTP to the registered mobile number.
- The page will generate the VID on the screen.
- Save the ID to help in unlocking the Aadhaar ID.
What is the unlock password for the Aadhaar biometrics?
The unlock password is the first four letters of the user's name and year of birth.