Ways to Activate HDFC Debit Card for Online Transaction by net banking, through sms, without net banking, domestic & international activation process given below.
HDFC DEBIT CARD Activation Online
A debit card allows users to transact funds in multiple ways without limitation. The card debits money from the cardholder’s attached bank account. This allows users to shop or spend based on their account balance or amount. Debit cards differ from credit cards that use loan/credit to purchase goods and services. Credit cards user must pay their credit within a set period and instalment’s or attain bad credit scores. Debit cards are issued once a client registers for banking services.
HDFC Bank provides all clients with debit cards during their account opening process. The card can be mailed or given instantly at the branch. Once attained, the cardholder should activate the debit card for full functionality. Activating your debit card helps enable online transactions and domestic/international transactions. HDFC Bank customers can activate their cards using the simple steps discussed below.
HDFC Debit Card Online Transactions Service
Due to digital transformation, banks are shifting from manual debit card uses like swiping to online transactions. Today cardholders can link their debit card to internet banking, mobile banking, and SMS banking services. The platforms allow the user to control that debit card through a mobile phone. Debit cards are designed with a disabled online transaction default setting for security measures. The card user should activate the card once they receive it for proper functioning.
Required details for HDFC debit card online transaction activation
- User’s customer ID
- Internet banking service
- Registered mobile number.
How to Activate HDFC Debit Card for Online Transaction by Net Banking
Steps to enable/activate HDFC Debit card online transactions using internet banking facility
Internet banking is an online facility developed to help bank customer access banking services through mobile or computer devices. The account user should register for internet banking to access online banking services.
- Visit the HDFC Bank internet banking website link https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com.
- Enter your login credentials to open the account.
- Next, click on the “cards” option and choose the “debit card” tab.
- Proceed to “request options” and click the “set card control/usage limit options.
- Choose the card your wish to activate and press the continue button.
- Open the “daily domestic usage/limits and turn on the “online usage” options.
- Choose and set the transaction limit to continue.
- Confirm all your requests and press the continue tab to complete the process.
- The system will send a confirmation message on your email ID and mobile number.
HDFC Debit Card Online Transaction Activation Process
- Open the HDFC Mobile banking app on your device.
- Go to the login section, and enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, select the “change usage channel” tab on the dashboard.
- Select the “online transactions” tab, followed by the enabling or disable option.
- The user can utilize the card for any online service.
HDFC Bank Debit Card Pin Generation Online
Steps to get a new PIN for a debit card instantly using internet banking service
- Visit the official HDFC internet banking page.
- Enter your username and password to log in.
- Next, proceed to the “debit card” option and select the “instant PIN generation” option under the request section.
- Click on the debit card number and press the new debit card PIN.
The system will send an OTP code for verification to the registered mobile number
PIN Regeneration for HDFC Bank ATM Card
Suppose the instant PIN method doesn’t work; the user can get a debit card PIN using the following steps.
- Go to the HDFC Net banking page.
- Select the “debit card” option > “PIN Regeneration” > Request > “Debit card number” tabs.
- Choose a reason from the list and confirm to continue.
- An OTP code will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Visit the nearest HDFC ATM and insert your Debit card.
- Next, create a new PIN through OTP.
- Select your preferred language to proceed.
- Enter the OTP and registered mobile number.
- Create a PIN and confirm it to complete the process.
Guide on How to Redeem HDFC Credit Card Points Online link
Can I disable the HDFC Debit card while on travel?
It's possible to enable and disable online transactions anytime using the procedure mentioned above.
How much does it cost to enable/activate online transactions?
The service is free and available on any operating system and device.
Mycard hdfc pin generation link
HDFC Bank Customer Care Numbers in India
1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161