The Amma scooter application form 2021 PDF Download (English & Tamil) | Amma scooter scheme last date 2021 & Amma Two-wheeler Required Documents details at http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org.
Generally, women occupy the largest population globally. They also fall among the vulnerable groups in many countries. These advocates for governments to establish social schemes which boost women livelihood. The Tamil Nadu state government has initiated an exclusive scheme to help women earn a better living. The Amma Two Wheeler (Amma Scooter scheme) is a women development scheme established in 2018. The Tamil Nadu government provides women with a two-wheeler to help when going to work. The scooters are easy to manoeuvre through towns and help in daily activities. The state will also develop a three-wheeler scooter for physically challenged women.
Benefits of Amma Two-wheeler (Scooter) scheme
- It is empowering women to work and move around without fear of public transport.
- Women can be independent and manage several enterprises in different areas.
- The scheme provides a subsidized price for the scooter.
- The government is encouraging physically challenged women also to work.
- The scheme helps save time and resource for women as they don’t require public transport. They can also move fast to different points to manage their work.
To access any Amma scooter scheme details, the applicant must log in using the link http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/.
Two-Wheeler (Scooter) specification
The scheme beneficiaries must follow the government specification on the two-wheeler.
- An engine capacity of 125cc (max).
- The scooter should be registered under the motor vehicle act 1988.
- The eligible scooter should be manufactured after 01.01.2018 and should comply with all rules.
- The Tamil Nadu project director and Tamil Nadu state rural livelihood mission TNSRLM or every district. They must approve the scooter details before use.
- After verification by the project director, the Tamil Nadu transport department will check the details. They should not permit any change in registration of ownership through sales or other deals. The department will seek the permission of the PD and TNSRLM after three years duration.
Eligibility Criteria for Amma Scooter Scheme
- The applicant can apply as an individual or as a women group. They must have income-generating project/employment.
- The beneficiary should be commuting for long distances to apply for the scooter.
- The woman’s business or employment must be the family’s primary source of income.
- Women under organized and unorganized sectors.
- Women working in shops and establishment.
- TN women with small business (self-employed).
- All women working in :
- Private sector
- Government-aided fields
- Government projects
- Community-based project/organizations.
- Banking sector
- The applicant should be a Tamil Nadu native and living in TN.
- The beneficiary must be 18 to 40 years.
- They should have a driving license.
- Applicant annual income should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-.
- Only one woman is eligible per family.
- The applicant should have reach and completed the 8th class examination (passed or failed).
Priority for the Two-wheeler scheme
- Applicants from hilly regions
- Women in remote areas.
- Women heading their families.
- Deserted and destitute women.
- Differently-abled women.
- All unmarried women in the age above 35 years.
- Scheduled caste (SC, ST and OBC).
Amma Scooter Required Documents
- Age proof documents
- Residence proof documents: Aadhaar card, utility bills, DL etc.
- Copy of driving license or learner’s license registration.
- An income certificate provided by the employer/self-certification.
- An employment proof document from the employer.
- Aadhaar card.
- Education qualification documents.
- A recent passport size photo
- Community certificate.
- A disability certificate by authority.
- A quotation of the vehicle.
Amma Scooter Application form 2021 Download
Amma Two-Wheeler scheme
- The applicant should visit the block offices or urban local body offices to get application forms.
- They can open the official website and download the application form.
- One doesn’t require to pay any application fee.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and submit them back to the respective authorities.
- The officers will issue the applicant with a reference number. The number contains ULB/RLB and the serial number within the ULB.
|Email :||firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com|
|Address||Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor,|
Valluvar Kottam Highroad,
Tamil Nadu, India.
- Can the applicant purchase the scooter from their preferred sop and have different specifications?
The scheme recommends women follow the government specifications and transport department rules.
- Can I change ownership of the scooter once I benefit from the scheme?
No, the applicant requires to get approval from the respective authorities. The transport department doesn't permit transfers or other changes without the consent of PD and TNSRLM.
- How much is the government contributing to the scheme?
Tamil Nadu government offers Amma a Two-wheeler scheme beneficiary a 50 per cent subsidy. The applicant only pays half the price, and the government caters for the rest.