India’s Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana: Registration 2023, eligibility and benefits at https://wcd.nic.in/
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
The Save, the girl child, educate the girl child is a unique program and campaign initiated by the India government. The campaign purpose is to spread awareness about India’s girl child. The scheme helps improve welfare services for the girls in India. The Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana was established on 22 January 2015 by PM Narendra Modi. The BBBP scheme gives the girl child a voice and addresses the issue of declining child sex ration CSR. The scheme also has other stakeholders such as the Ministry of Women and child development and the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
Objectives of developing the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
From the previous census, it’s noted that the number of girls is very low compared to boys. The government is empowering women and girls in the community. These provide equal chances in different sectors in the country, such as education.
- The scheme helps to prevent gender inequality.
- Ensure survival and protecting the girl child in the community.
- Provide chances for education and participation for the girl child.
The target groups
The group includes the following: young and newly married couples, pregnant mother and lactating mother, parents.
The group entails youth, adolescents (boys and girls), in-laws, medical doctors, practitioners, private hospitals, nursing homes, diagnostic centres.
PRIs, frontline workers, Women SHGs/Collectives religious leaders, voluntary organizations, media, medical associations, industry associations, general public and officials.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Online Registration
How to Register Online Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- Open the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao- Ministry of women and child development portal https://wcd.nic.in/
- Select the option “women empowerment scheme on the homepage.
- Next, choose the tab “Beti Bachao Beti Padao Yojana.”
- Enter the required information such as name, father/husband’s name, date of birth, gender etc.
- Next upload the mandatory documents then click submit button.
BBBP Scheme Application Form
- The applicant has to visit the nearest post office or government bank branch.
- You need to request for the BBBP application form, fill the necessary details. Ensure to attach the documents on the application form.
- Recheck the details then submit to the bank officer to complete the other official process.
Applicants must fulfil the following details to avail the BBBP scheme benefits.
- The family should have a girl who is below 10 years of age.
- They should have a Sukanya Samriddhi account SSA in any bank in India. However, the account should be in the girl’s name.
- The child applicants should be Indian. The government doesn’t offer NRIs the BBBP privilege.
BBBP Beneficiary Benefits
- Parents or guardians who are under the BBP scheme who deposit RS 1,000 or Rs. 1200 per month. In the girl’s account which is Rs. 1, 68,000 in 14 years. Which the account matures after 21 years, the girl will receive Rs. 6, 07,128 in her account.
- For parents who deposit R1.5 lakhs per year in the daughter’s account. They would have deposited Rs21 lakhs in 14 years. The government will provide R 72 lakhs when the account matures.
Schemes under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana.
- Ladli scheme
- Kanyashree Prakalpa Yojana
- Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Dhanalakshmi scheme