EPFO KYC Update – How to Update EPF KYC Online. How to activate/approval UAN KYC or PF KYC by employer. Embedding KYC Details in EPFO UAN Portal
EPF account link is a mandatory requirement for all EPF account holders.The account is merged with the Aadhaar card, PAN card, bank account, and other legal documents. The EPFO, the employee governing body, provides employees access to the UAN EPFO website portal. This helps employees update their KYC information and check other EPF related details. Updating KYC offers various benefits from low TDS on withdrawal, easy and fast way to operate your account, and keeps your banking details secure.
EPFO KYC Update
To update the KYC data on your EPF account. The user requires UAN (Universal Account number) to change or upload KYC on the account. Employees need to activate their UAN number before proceeding to the update process. The employer has the mandate to activate the UAN number for their workers. However, one can also activate using the EPFO website portal.
UAN is a mandatory number established in 2014 by the EPFO. The number helps unify all the member IDs to one platform. If an employee shifts to a new job, they don’t have to close the previous EFP account.However, one can follow up on all member IDs and withdraw funds in one location. Every employee under EPFO is eligible to have a UAN number.
Benefits of Updating KYC details on your EPF account
- It helps in online EPF withdrawal claims.
- The employee can quickly transfer EPF accounts or member IDs.
- Once the UAN is activated and KYC updated, the system will automatically send alerts and notifications about your EPF account. This helps the user follow up on account details.
- In case the employee withdraws funds before five years, only a TDS of 10% will apply. However, if the KYC details are not updated, the TDS will be 34.608%.
Required Documents for KYC update on EPF UAN
The user must present some proof documents to show identity and address details.
- NPR or National population register.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Active bank account
- Passport number
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- Ration card.
How to Activate/Approval UAN KYC or PF KYC by Employer
The employer should approve/activate the employee’s UAN to help the user enjoy other EPF activities. The process requires a digital signature from the employer.
- Navigate to the EPFO UAN website.
- On the login page, enter your username, password and click the sign-in button.
- The portal will open with several options such as “member Basic details modification/reject functionality is available.”
- Click on the option to proceed to a new page.
- The page will display the information provided by the employee on the UAN KYC portal.
- The employer will verify all the information and approve by clicking “approve using DSC.” The screen will show a message requesting for employer’s digital signature password. Enter the password and click “approve.”
- The system will approve the details to complete the process.
How to upload KYC for EPF UAN
- Go to the EPFO member portal using the link
- Enter your UAN, password, and captcha code.
- On the portal, select the option “manage” >”KYC” to proceed.
- A new page will show information on various documents type.
- Select the checkbox near the type of document you wish to update.
- Next, enter the required details requested by the page based on the document.
- Select the “Save” button once you make the update.
- After updating the KYC, the document status will show on the KYC pending approval section.
- The status will show on the “digital approved KYC” section once the employer approves the details.
- The system will automatically send an SMS after your employer approves the documents.
How to Embedding KYC details in EPFO UAN
- The employer will digitally attest the document using DSC after verifying and approving the documents.
- EPFO will also authenticate the details and check for any mismatch or issues on the documents.
- If approved, the user KYC will be successfully be updated.
- The EPFO also provides users with contact details in case of any challenges. EPFO helpline 1800 118 005 or email@example.com
- Once the process is done, the EPFO will embed the KYC details on the EPF UAN system.
Before filling out the KYC details, ensure all details match your proof documents. Once you send the document for approval, the employer will check based on the proof documents.
- How long does it take for the employer to approve the KYC documents?
The process takes 2-3 days for the approval process to complete.
- Do I require to upload the necessary documents on the EPFO UAN portal?
The employee can enter the document number instead of uploading the documents on the portal.