Forgot UAN Password – EPFO UAN password reset or change UAN Password with mobile number, EPFO Password Reset at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
EPFO Password Reset
The Universal Account Number has a significant impact on all EPF members in India. The unique number help access the online EPF services. EPFO advocates for online EPF services to help in accountability, transparency, and fast delivery. However, to avail of the services, members have to register to the EPFO portal. The process requires UAN and UAN password to get all online EPFO details. Employees who forget or want to change their password can use their mobile number or UAN portal.
How to Reset UAN (EPFO) password using mobile number
- Open the EPFO UAN website portal.
- On the homepage, select the tab “forgot password” and proceed.
- The system will open a new page, enter your UAN number and security code.
- Press the “verify” button; the page will display the mobile number registered on your UAN.
- The applicant can change or retain the number by clicking the option “No” or “Yes.”
- Next, key in your details such as:
- Date of birth
- Document number
- Recheck the information and select the “verify” button.
- The portal will confirm the details; if they match, you can change the mobile number.
- Now you’ll receive an OTP number on the mobile number.
- The applicant can now enter a new password and confirm it again.
- The system will send a confirmation message “password changed successfully.”
- Now one can log in to the UAN account using new login credentials.
How to Reset UAN password without using Mobile number
For EPFO members who retain their mobile number. They can follow the steps below:
- Go to the UAN website portal.
- Select the option “forgot password” on the homepage link.
- Proceed and enter your UAN number, followed by the captcha code.
- Next, click the “verify” button, and the mobile number linked to the UAN account will show on the screen.
- There are two choices, “yes” and “No” select “NO” since you’re not changing the mobile number.
- The system will send an OTP to the linked number for validation.
- Now enter your new password and re-enter it to confirm.
- Recheck all details and click the “submit” button.
- The page will show a confirmation message.
How to Change EPFO (UAN) password after logging into the UAN portal
The EPFO allows members to change their passwords at their convenience. It helps keep the account safe all the time. The members can change the password after login with old credentials.
- Navigate to the EPFO website portal.
- Open the login page and enter your UAN password and captcha code.
- Next, click the “login” button followed by the “account” tab on the menu.
- The page will open, and all services will display on the screen.
- Select the option “change password.”
- Now enter your UAN old password and then the new password.
- Ensure to confirm the new password and select the tab “update.”
- The system will send a confirmation message on your screen.
The EPFO requires members to create a strong password. The UAN password format requires the user to use the following specifications:
- The password should have a minimum of 7 characters and a maximum of 20 characters.
- It should be alphanumerical and have special characters.
- Why is my UAN account not working?
There are several reasons why a member cannot access their UAN account.
• If the UAN number is not activated
• Suppose the member forgets their password.
• If there are delays on your network connections.
- How many procedures can I use to change or reset my UAN password?
The applicant can use the mobile number process as explained above or the login using old credentials to change the details from the portal.