GST Registration: GST Online registration process step by step in India. GST apply online, eligibility check, Fees details, help 2021 at www.gst.gov.in.
The GST rules are tough on every individual and company that supplies goods and services. All have to register under the goods and services tax (GST) where a certain amount is set for business earning or giving a turnover exceeds Rs. 20 lakhs. These apply to all Indian states except the northern-eastern states. Everyone or business in this category must register with GSTN, where the process will take a few days (6 days). The process is available online through the GST website portal; business owners need to fill the GST form attach the correct documents then submit them. Note the government and the revenue department require a business to register for GST. It’s illegal to work without the GST registration details, which attracts hefty penalties.
The process to complete GST registration.
- Visit the official GST website https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration/ portal.
- On the homepage, click on the tab register now under the option taxpayers.
- Click the option new registration and proceed to fill the required details on the form.
- On the drop-down menu, click on “I am a” select the option taxpayer.
- Enter your respective state and district.
- Enter the officially registered name of the business.
- Key in the PAN of the business.
- Registered email address and registered mobile number.
- Next, enter the captcha code on the screen to proceed.
- Enter the OTP number sent on your mobile number or email for verification, recheck, and click the proceed button.
- The portal will display a temporary reference number (TRN) note the number to use in the next steps.
- Go to the GST website page again; click the register tab under the taxpayer’s option.
- Select the tab temporary reference number, followed by the captcha code.
- Recheck the details and click proceed, the page will provide an OTP sending it to your email id or mobile number.
- Now the page will give your application; an edit icon will show on the right part of the page. Click on it then proceed to enter all the mandatory details on the page. Upload the required documents to complete the process.
- Recent photographs
- Your business address proof.
- All bank details such as bank account number, bank name, branch, and IFSC code.
- The authorization form
- A constitution of the taxpayer.
- Continue to the verification page and select the declaration tab, next you’re to submit the application form and documents using the following process.
- Using the electronic verification code (EVC), the code will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- The e-sign method and an OTP will be sent to your mobile number, which is linked to the Aadhaar card.
- Using the digital signature certificate (DSC).
- Recheck all details, then submit, and a success message will be displayed on the screen and an application reference number ARN sent to your mobile number.
Types of GST Registration
There is various GST registration, ensure to learn the type before applying for one.
- Normal taxpayer
Many Indian citizens fall in the normal taxpayer section, here they don’t have to pay any deposit, and there is no expiry date.
- Casual taxpayer person
If you want to set a seasonal shop or stall, you rank in this taxpayer type. The applicant has to give an advance amount equal to the GST liability of the time you will open the seasonal shop.
- Composition taxpayer
This type applies if the applicant wants to obtain the GST composition scheme. The input tax cannot be obtained on this type, but one has to provide a flat for this category.
- Non-residential taxable person
For individuals living outside India but supply goods and services for people living in India.
- Non-resident online service provider
- Special economic zone developer
- A GST TDS deductor
- Special economic zone unit.
Documents required For GST Registration
Applicants have to provide the following documents.
- PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- Your business address proof document.
- All bank statement details and a canceled cheque.
- Business registration document.
- Digital signature
- Id proof documents address proof and photograph of the director.
- An authorization letter.
Note applicants who don’t pay their taxes or pay less amount are subject to receiving a penalty of 10%of the due amount. The government provides a minimum penalty of Rs. 10,000, ensure to pay your taxes to avoid a 100% penalties. For more information about GST registration process visit https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration/.