Close IDFC Bank account: How to permanently close IDFC First Bank account online. Idfc first bank account closure form 2021, How to Close Savings Account in Idfc First Bank Account & charges at www.idfcfirstbank.com
IDFC First Bank
Opening and closing a bank account is a decision that requires self-analysis and weighing of the pros and cons. The majority of people opt for bank accounts to help them save their funds daily or monthly. The bank offers investment plans and other banking and financial services. To ensure all customers benefit from the services. IDFC First bank (IDFC bank) offers various banking and financial services to millions of customers in India. The bank has generated digital platforms to help customers access banking services online.
It’s pretty rare for customers to close their bank account unless for exceptional reasons. Most customers leave the accounts dormant and can access them later when the need arises. However, in case the customer is determined to close the IDFC First bank account (saving). The bank provides a clear pathway to close the account permanently.
Reasons for Closing IDFC First Bank Account
- Customer services issues.
- If the bank requires a high minimum account balance.
- Suppose the online platforms have problems in delivering services.
- Low-interest rates.
- In case of a bad relationship with bank staff.
- If the account holder has multiple accounts and needs to close some.
- High account fees or transaction charges.
- In case one is leaving for foreign countries.
The IDFC First bank allows for an online account opening process but not a closing procedure. The account holder must visit the bank branch for verification and confirmation of the decision. However, the user can download the IDFC First bank account closer form from the bank’s website page.
Things to note
- First, clear all loans attached to the account.
- Ensure that you won’t require the account in the future since it’s hard to reopen the account.
- You need a bank statement to help check for any transaction activities and also for reference.
- Follow all legal closing procedures to ensure the account is not wrongly used.
- Withdraw any balance in the account.
- Remember to cancel any automated payments on the account.
How to Close IDFC Bank Account
Step by step process to Close IDFC First Bank account
- Get the IDFC First account closure form
The user can download the form directly from the web or visit the bank branch.
- Enter required details on the closure form
enter the bank account number, name, etc., and sign the form. Recheck the information and submit it to the branch manager. For any joint account, all signatories must fill and sign the closure form
- KYC documents
The account holder must present KYC documents such as PAN, address proof, and more
- Giving back balance cheque leaves and passbook
IDFC First users must give back the cheque book and passbook to the bank officer. After submission, the bank can process the account closing request
- Transfer or withdraw account balance
The bank first verifies all the details and approves the process. The user is requested to withdraw any funds remaining in the account for the closure process to start. One can request the balance in cash form, cheque, or transfer to a new account.
How to Close IDFC First bank fixed deposit account
- The IDFC First bank account holder should fill the account closure form or fixed deposit liquidation form.
- Next, attach all the required documents.
- Recheck all details and make corrections if necessary.
- Now submit the fixed deposit certificate/FD receipt.
Download idfc first bank account closure form
- How can I retrieve my balance once the account is closed?
The Bank officers will request the user to transfer the balance before the closing process. It's rare for the bank to close an account with an available balance or loans.
- Can I reopen a closed IDFC First bank account once closed?
The user can visit the bank for the request through the bank closes and terminates the account information. However, it would be best if you visited the bank for inquiries.
For more information about How to permanently close IDFC First Bank account online/ Offline (Branch visit) visit this link https://www.idfcfirstbank.com/terms-and-conditions/general-conditions