The MCGM Property Tax Payment Online 2023-24. Mumbai property tax receipt download. Pay BMC Mumbai Property Tax online at https://ptaxportal.mcgm.gov.in/CitizenPortal/#/login
Property tax and other major taxes are primary financiers for Indian municipalities. The funds help facilitate public amenities and keep everything in order. Residents with property (land, office, rented property, or buildings) are required to pay property tax (municipal/ house tax) to their respective municipal Corporations. Each property has its unique tax payments based on location and size. However, some properties are exempted from paying taxes due to different impacts in the country or state.
Mumbai citizens can enjoy great services from the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM), which helps assess and collect property taxes, thus maintaining the city. MCGM was formerly Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) and worked to collect property tax from property owners, calculate taxes, and value properties. Residents can pay their taxes through the advanced system for easy and fast processing. The MCGM property tax portal is open to all registered property owners in Greater Mumbai.
MCGM Property Tax Payment Online 2023-24
How to Pay for MCGM Property Tax (BMC) Online?
- Go to the MCGM property tax website page.
- Open the login page, and enter your account number and captcha code.
- Once logged, check the due tax payment, and key in the amount you wish to pay.
- Review the details and submit the payment.
- Get the property tax receipt by pressing the download button.
- Use the receipt for reference or proof of property ownership.
Greater Mumbai property owners can visit the citizen facilitation centers, BMC help center, or Assistant Revenue office in their wards for property tax payment after payment; one should pick their receipt for reference. Residents must register their KYC details to avail tax bills and provide active email ID, mobile number, and residential address. The municipal corporation will send the bills and regular updates via email.
How to View Mumbai Property Tax Bill Online
Steps to view mumbai MCGM property tax bill online
Before clearing any property bills, one can check their outstanding or due payment online or via email.
- Go to the MCGM property tax portal link
- Next, enter your property account number and captcha code.
- If correct, press the login button to access the account.
- The system will send an OTP code to the registered mobile number for verification.
- Enter the code to open the MCGM property tax details (outstanding and paid bills).
- Review the information and proceed to clear the pending taxes.
|Citizen Portal Login||https://ptaxportal.mcgm.gov.in/CitizenPortal/#/login|
|Change of Name in BMC Property Tax records||https://ptaxportal.mcgm.gov.in/CitizenPortal/#/changeBillName|
|Navi mumbai municipal corporation property tax||https://www.nmmc.gov.in/property-tax2|
How to Calculate Mumbai Property Tax Using MCGM Portal
Procedure to calculate tax property using MCGM Portal
- Property tax = capital value* tax rate.
- Capital value =Market value of the property * Total carpet area* weight for construction type * age of the building.
Note the value is calculated using a ready reckoner set by the state government.
MCGM Property Tax Calculation Online
MCGM property tax is calculated using the capital value system or CVS. The Corporation bases CVS on the market value of the property.
- Open the official MCGM property tax web page link.
- Proceed to the tax calculator section and fill in the required details.
- Enter the following:
- Ward number
- Type of building
- Carpet area
- User category
- Year of construction
- FSI factor
- Tax code
- Recheck the details and press the “calculate” tab to get a comprehensive property tax bill.
Weights for ‘Construction Type’ in Units:
|Bungalows and RCC Constructions||1 Unit|
|Other than RCC (semi-permanent /chawls)||0.60 Units|
|Vacant Land (or) Under- construction||0.50 Units|
Weights for Age of Building in units
|Properties constructed before 1945||0.80 units|
|Property constructed between 1945 and 1985||0.90 Units|
|Properties constructed after 1985||1 Unit|
Mumbai property owners should pay property tax annually to avoid any fines (2%) on the outstanding amount for late payments.
- Any residential property set in 500 square feet.
- Property used for charitable services.
- Worship places.
- Property in 500 to 700 square feet will receive a 60% concession.
- Is BMC and MCGM the Same?
Yes, BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) is the former name of the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
- How can I get the mcgm property tax bill offline?
One should provide KYC details at the BMC help center or respective office. The Corporation send registered user regular bill updates on their email ID.
- MCGM Full Form?
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM)
- BCM Full Form?
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BCM)
- MCGM Property Tax Official Portal 2023