2023 Tamil Nadu UYEGP scheme: Registration, application, and status check. TN Unemployed Youth Employment Generation Programme at https://msmeonline.tn.gov.in/uyegp/index.php
Unemployment is quite frustrating, especially for young people who spend their life studying to get good jobs. The same applies to older people making the experience different for everyone. Though individuals or families face a huge impact, a country’s economy suffers when many people don’t have work. This means no taxes, and many may venture into criminal activities. The Indian government has implemented ways to empower the community and create ventures that help create jobs.
Central and state governments offer different schemes to provide financial assistance, jobs, and internships. The UYEGP (Unemployed Youth Employment Generation Program) is a great establishment by the Tamil Nadu state government. To assist unemployed youth and state individuals with finances to start a business. Eligible applicants will receive flexible loans with better terms than other lenders.
The Unemployed Youth Employment Generation Program (UYEGP) scheme is an innovation by the Department of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of TN state. The scheme works to help state residents start a business by providing a 25% subsidy loan. The loans are directed from various banking and financial organizations such as:
- Private banks
- Nationalized banks
- Tamil Nadu Industrial Co-operative Bank
Beneficiaries can apply for up to Rs. 15 lakhs with collateral security. TN government also has Rs. 10 lakhs or less collateral-free loans.
Types of Loans Offered
- Rs. 15 lakhs for the manufacturing industry
- Rs. 5 lakhs for the service sector
- Rs. 5 lakhs for the business sector.
Aims and Benefits of the UYEGP Scheme
- The scheme helps eliminate unemployment among state residents.
- UYEGP helps grow the economy and welfare of the people.
- It increases business opportunities and employment in the new sectors.
- Tamil Nadu state government will provide a 25% subsidy loan to boost the project.
- Eligible applicants can request Rs. 15 lakhs.
- RBI guidelines will offer interest rates.
- The applicant must attend a seven-day Entrepreneur Development Program EDP to qualify for the scheme.
- The government will collaborate with various financial providers to disburse the loans.
- An amount less than Rs. 10 lakhs doesn’t require collateral security.
Eligibility Criteria of Tamil Nadu Unemployment Assistance Scheme
To access UYEGP scheme benefits, the user must fulfill the following qualifications:
- Applicant should have passed 8th class.
- One must be 18 years and above; the general class age limit is 35 years, while the special category age is 45 years.
- Individuals in special categories such as ST/SC/BC/MBC/Minorities/Ex-servicemen/disabled individuals and the transgender community can apply.
- The applicant’s family annual income should be less than Rs. 500000.
- One should have resided in a particular area for a 3-year minimum.
- The beneficiary should have any other loan.
- The user must attend the seven days training.
- One must not have any other government subsidy loan.
Required Document for UYEGP Scheme Application
- Handicapped certificate
- Caste certificate
- Identity proof documents
- Project report
- Quote for the project.
- Education qualification documents
- A passport photo
- Active mobile number.
After acquiring all documents and fulfilling the criteria, the applicant can apply for the scheme using the official UYEGP portal.
UYEGP Scheme 2023 Apply Online
Steps to apply for the UYEGP scheme online
- Visit the UYEGP scheme at https://www.msmetamilnadu.tn.gov.in/
- Open the homepage and select the “scheme” tab to open a list of options.
- Select the “UYEGP” tab to proceed to a new page.
- Next, click the “apply online” tab, followed by the “new application” option.
- Check the box indicated as “read and understand the contents.”
- Press the next button to avail list of required documents.
- Again select the checkbox to continue.
- The application form will open; enter the following details:
- Personal details
- Residential details
- Marital status
- Community Details
- Aadhaar number
- Education qualifications
- Project details.
- Review the details and upload documents to proceed.
- The system will provide an application ID and save it for reference.
- To complete the process upload the documents and select the “apply online” > “upload document” option.
- Next, enter the application ID and press submits tab.
- Upload all scanned documents and click submit tab.
- The DIC will review and verify the information; if qualified, the user will get a call letter for interview purposes.
- Suppose the applicant goes through the interview, the respective authority will offer a recommendation letter for sanctioning the loan from a specified bank.
- Once the bank approves the loan, the applicant will get a call letter to attend the EDP training.
- After training, the applicant should provide the EDP training certificate and an affidavit with non-judicial stamp paper duly certified.
- The letter should be signed by a Notary public; it should be submitted with a copy of the rental/lease agreement to the respective bank.
How to Check UYEGP Scheme Application Status
Step by step to check UYEGP Scheme Online Application Status 2023
- Go to the UYEGP website portal link “https://www.msmetamilnadu.tn.gov.in/”.
- Next, click the “scheme” tab > “UYEGP scheme” option.
- Select “track your status” and enter your “application number” or “phone number.”
- Next, select the “submit” tab to access the application status on the screen.
- How much is the government contributing towards the scheme?
The Tamil Nadu government plans to offer a 25% subsidy loan towards the UYEGP scheme.
- Do I need collateral for the loan application?
If the amount is more than Rs. 10 lakhs, the applicant will provide collateral security.