The E-way bill portal guide, what is the e-way bill and generation process. Eway Bill Login at https://www.ewaybillgst.gov.in.
Eway Bill Login
The GST rules certify that all transporters have an e-way bill when moving goods from one point to another if they satisfy the given conditions. E-way bill means an Electronic waybill and acts as a unique electronic document that is generated to help move goods from one place to the other. The document is produced if the items have a value of more than INR 50,000. These apply to transporters moving either inter-state or intra-state. The e-way bill is the online soft copy form, which replaced the waybill manual document issued during the VAT times for moving goods in the country. The government launched a website portal to help manage all the e-way bills; users can also cancel the bills directly through link https://www.ewaybillgst.gov.in/ . The link works all over India for all transporters who need an eway bill.
Essentials for e-way bill generation
There are different reasons for generating an e-way bill as follows:
- The registration process on the EWB portal.
- To receive an invoice/challan related to the goods to transport.
- For road transportation, the transporter must produce a transporter id or the vehicle number.
- Transportation by ship, air, or rail, the transporter should provide transport proof documents, transporter id, and correct dates on the papers.
How to generate the e-way bill on the e-way bill portal.
- Visit the official e-way website https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/login.aspx
- On the homepage, enter the username and password, followed by the captcha code.
- Now click on the “log in” tab, next select the tab “generate new under” the option e-waybill.”
- Next, enter the following details:
- Transaction type on the page selects the option outward if you’re the supplier of the consignment.
- Inward if you’re the receipt of the goods.
- Sub-type chooses a sub-type that is relevant to your case.
- Outward transaction
- Inward transaction
- The document type can be a challan, invoice, credit note bill of entry, or others.
- Document number
- Document date
- From or to this depends if you’re the supplier or recipient.
- Item details the information is added on the HSN code-wise:
- The product name
- HSN code
- Tax rates of the CGST and SGST
- Tax rates of cess.
- Transporter details enter transporter’s name, id, and document number. They should also provide a mode of transport and vehicle number.
- Recheck the details then click on the submit button for the system to validate the information.
The e-way bills website portal contains several tabs that users can follow and access information about the e-way bills.
- Contact us
The above tabs help users maneuver through the portal; once you click on one of the tabs, there are different services to such as:
- The GSTIN
- All legal names and the type of user
- Notifications will appear on the same page, providing different details about the GST portal and E-way bill notices.
- The useful stat which contains the number or rejected e-way bills and total generated e-ways and canceled documents.
- The service tab
- Consolidated EWB
- Reject and reports tab.