The Gujarat EWS certificate online application 2023 process. EWS Certificate Gujarat form pdf download at https://digitalgujarat.gov.in
The EWS (Economically weaker section) acts as an income certificate but not a caste certificate. The certificate is developed for individuals in economically vulnerable groups in society. The government uses the EWS certificate as a reservation document for the general category. The certificate was launched in 2019 on 12th January and offered 10 % to the general category. The percentage does not apply to OBC, ST, SC categories.
EWS certificate helps applicants avail services in government offices and admission in schools and colleges. The Gujarat state government implemented the Economically weaker section certificate law on 14th January 2019. This has benefits thousands of applicants in the state and India. Eligible applicants have the privilege to apply through offline and online methods based on preference. However, applicants require the user to avail several documents.
Gujarat EWS Certificate
Required Documents for EWS Certificate Application
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card.
- Recent passport size photo.
- Income certificate or proof documents:
- An employer certificate.
- Form 16-A and ITR for the past three years.
- Business ITR
- A declaration before Talati.
- Identity proof documents
- Applicant’s identity card.
- Voter’s card
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Residence proof document
- Utility bills such as water or electricity bills.
- Bank passbook
- Guarantee letter
- The applicant should be a Gujarat permanent resident.
- Applicant’s family income should be less than Rs. 8lakhs.
- The family shouldn’t have more than five acres of land.
- The residential area should be less than 1000 sq. ft.
- The applicant should be from the general category.
EWS Application Fee
The EWS is a national law; however, every state has different application fee laws. Applicants need to check their state nominal application fee.
How to Apply for EWS Certificate Online
step by step procedure for How to Apply login to EWS website portal
- Visit the EWS website page at www.digitalgujarat.gov.in
- On the homepage, click “Login.”
- For existing users, select the login tab, enter the username and password.
- Key in the captcha code and select language.
- Next, enter the Aadhaar number and click the continue button.
- Ensure to enter all details to generate the reference number.
- Now upload the required documents.
- The system will verify the documents and details. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number.
- The applicant can now proceed to the respective offices to collect the EWS certificate.
How to Apply for EWS Certificate Offline
- The applicant needs to download the application form from the EWS portal.
- Direct link: https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/CitizenNew/ServiceDescriptionNew.aspx
- Next, enter the mandatory details and affix your recent passport photo.
- Proceed and attach the requested documents.
- Recheck the form for any corrections. If correct, submit the details to the authorized offices.
- Note enter your active mobile number to get alerts about the status of the application.
- The authorized officers will verify the information. After approving the documents, the details will be uploaded for more processing.
- The officers will send the applicant a reference number.
- One can use the reference number for a status check.
Digitalgujarat.gov.in Forgot Password Reset Process
- On the EWS digitalgujarat.gov.in website page.
- Click the option “forgot password.”
- Direct link https://www.digitalgujarat.gov.in/CitizenApp/Citizen/CitizenWEBUI/ForgotPassword.aspx
- Key in the username and captcha code.
- Next, select “Get OTP,” the system will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP to verify and create a new password.
EWS Certificate Validity
The issuing state determines the EWS validity period. The validity period is one year starting from the date of acquisition? The applicant needs to check the validity date before applying for any position or admission.
Gujarat EWS certificate form PDF Download link
Can an OBC, SC/ST category applicant apply for an EWS certificate?
No, the certificate is eligible for candidates in the general category. The certificate is not a caste certificate but quite similar to an income certificate.
What is the validity period of the EWS certificate?
Every state has a specified EWS validity period. The common period is one year from the date of issue.
How long does it take to process the EWS certificate after application?
The applicant's state determines this. However, most states take up to 21 working days.
EWS Certificate Full Form
Economically weaker section income certificate
For more information visit : https://sje.gujarat.gov.in/downloads/gr_11022019_a.pdf