Guide on how to change passport Address in India. How to Change Address in Passport 2024. Full details at passportindia.gov.in
Passport Address Change
International travel requires legal documentation that identifies you and the country you live in. Every country in the world has a set of regulations about the documents. Any visitor should present before settling in their country. A passport is a legal and mandatory document that is offered by an individual when traveling abroad. The document is issued by the government of a particular country the person lives in.
Passport provides the holder’s identity and nationality details such as full names, place and address, date of birth, photograph, and signature. If the passport holder in India needs to shift, they must change their address details in the passport. There are several documents and steps required for the change to take place.
Required Documents for Passport Address Change
The Passport holder in India should provide the following details for a successful change of address.
- The original old passport.
- A copy of the online application.
- The challan receipt/payment receipt.
- The first two and last two pages of self-attest copy.
- The self-attest copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Your current address proof document. (optional)
- Voter ID card.
- A self-attested copy of the page of observation which is made by the passport issuing authority. (Optional)
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page(optional)
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill and water bill.
- A proof document of gas connection.
- The telephone bill
- A registered rent agreement.
- An income tax assessment order.
- Your spouse’s passport copy the first and last page. Note the address details should match.
- A certificate from your employer.
- A photo of your passbook of an active bank account.
How to Change Address in Passport
You can change/update Passport Address in india. Follow this simple procedure
- Visit the Passport Seva website page
- On the homepage, click the option “existing user? login”
- Enter your login details, password, and user id to open your account.
- For the first-time user, select the “New user? register now”
- On the list, select the passport center near you.
- Enter your details, such as names and dates of birth.
- Now create a login id and password to register.
- The system will send an activation link to your email. Use it to activate your account.
- Now login to the passport Seva page and proceed.
- Next, select the option “apply for fresh passport/ Re-issue of passport.
- The page will issue a form to fill in all the required details and attach the correct documents.
- Now click the tab validate and save a copy of the form. Recheck all the details the click the submit button.
Fees for Changing of Address in Passport
The address fee is the same as the re-issuing fee of the passport. However, this differs depending on the type of passport one holds. The number of pages on your booklet determines the prices
Difference between Renewal and re-issuing
Renewal of the passport happens if the validity of the previous passport expires. While re-issuing happens if the passport:
- Expired or is about to expire.
- Stole or lost
- The passport is damaged or soiled.
- If the passport holder wants to change any details.