File ITR Online 2020-2021 : Registration and income tax india efiling login at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
How to File ITR
Incometax efiling: Filling income tax returns is easier and better with the electronic system doing all the work. Today you don’t require anyone to file your ITR. The electronic process E-filling is a quick and transparent way to complete the process. The www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in is the official website link which operates under the Income Tax Department, Government of India. From the site, you can register and login to your account and file your returns. There are several other details to avail from the website which you’ll learn from this article.
How to Register and Login on the e-filling portal
- Open the official e-filling website portal https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- On the homepage, select either of the options “register or login to e-file your returns.
- For registered users, click the login button. New users should click the register tab to proceed.
- Next, click the “user type” the page has different user type options such as:
- Hindu undivided family HUF
- External agency
- Chartered accountants
- Tax deductor and collector
- Third-party software utility developer.
- Now enter your current address and the permanent address.
- Enter the security code provided on the page, then click the submit button.
- Enter the necessary information:
- Date of birth
- PAN card number ( as user ID )
- Mobile number
- Email id
- The system will verify your PAN card details and once confirmed. The portal will show your transaction ID and contact details.
- You need to activate your account using the link sent to your registered email ID.
How to e-file income tax returns on the income tax web portal
- First, you need the total liability as per the provision of the income tax department.
- Use the form 26AS to compile your TDS payment for the four quarters of the year.
- The income tax department has different categories for each ITR form. You need to select the category to continue.
- Now visit the official e-filling website page: https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- On the homepage, click the option IT return preparation software, which is under the tab downloads.
- Next, select the assessment year, then download the offline utility. You can use either the Java file or MS-Excel file.
- Now fill all the mandatory details on the downloaded file: enter your income details, tax payable, and receivable refunds.
- Recheck the details, then click the “validate” tab to ensure all details are filled.
- Next, click the option “generate XML” tab, thus converting it to an XML file.
- Now login to your income tax e-filling portal using your password and username.
- Go to the income return tab under the e-file menu.
- Enter the required details such as PAN, assessment year, ITR form number, and the submission mode. On the menu, select the upload XML, which is under submission mode.
- Click the continue button and upload the XML file, which is already saved on your computer.
- Recheck all details and click the submit button. Select the mode of verification from the list of the electronic code EVC, Aadhaar OTP, etc.
How to file ITR offline for senior citizens
For senior citizens (80years and above), the ITR filing is available offline for the financial year. These are also available for an individual Or HUF who has an income less than Rs. 5 lakh, and they are not entitled to receive a refund.
- The applicant needs to request form 16.
- Enter all details and then submit the documents at the ITR returns in paper form at the income department.
- After submitting the forms, you will get the acknowledgment slip from the income tax department officers.