The Union Bank of India Saving account: types of savings account, eligibility benefits 2023. Union Bank of India (UBI) Online Account Opening at https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/saving-account.aspx
Union Bank of India Online Account Opening
The Union Bank offers equal opportunities to all Indian citizens, to open a savings account with the Bank. The UBI savings account has many benefits attached to where customers can save, transfer, and pay bills through the savings account.
Applicants can avail of other services such as online banking and insurance services and earn points from their debit/credit card. Union bank has a different saving account, which applicants can apply through online mode via the Banks’ website.
Types of Union Bank Savings Accounts
Basic saving bank deposit account
- This type of account doesn’t require the applicant to maintain any balance.
- The user will enjoy services such as cash deposit, cash withdraws credit/ receipt for all funds transacted via electronic payment.
- Union Bank has a saving limit every month.
- Cardholders are allowed to make a maximum of four withdraws each month (branches and ATM)
- The Bank doesn’t impose any charges for any service provided under these accounts. No charges for inactive accounts for the Basic account holder.
Regular Savings Bank Account
- A regular savings account offers applicants with services anywhere anytime. Users can bank via bank branches, net banking, and phone banking.
- The Bank provides the account holders a debit card without any issuing charges. They can earn points after using the card for various activities.
- The regular account has a new savings account attached for students Zero balance facility.
- Once you open the Regular Saving Bank account applicant will receive two free cheque books per year, accident insurance cover on debit card usage for free.
- The account has a U-mobile facility to help in other banking services.
Union Savings Flexi Deposit Account
- The Union Flexi deposit account provides the holder with a free debit card.
- Customers registering for this account will benefit from the passbook, which has information about the SB Flexi account, FD Flexi account, and any TDS adjustment.
- The Bank will issue five cheque books per year for free; users can also use the NEFT /RTGS facility, which is also free.
- Once the account reaches maturity, the customer can roll over their deposits and for another term.
Document Required to Open Any of The Above Saving Accounts
New customers applying for bank account need to provide several documents to complete the application.
For Individual and Joint Applicants
- Id proof: the applicant can provide a passport, Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter’s id, DL, or job card issued by the NREGA.
- Address proof:passport, voter’s id, DL job card provided by NREGA or Aadhaar card.
Non-Residents Indian Applicants
- Provide a copy of the passport or Resident visa.
- Legal documents of foreign residence.
- Passport size photos
- The NRI applicants must be introduced to the Bank by a member of the Indian Embassy/ Notary public/banker or a local customer who has all legal KYC details.
How to Open A Union Bank Savings Account?
The Union Bank has introduced a simple online way for customers to apply for a banking saving account.
- Go to your smartphone device and download the app from the play store or App store.
- Next, take a selfie and scan all your required documents.
- Submit the details the Bank will verify the information and send you an account number.
- Visit the Union bank website
- https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/saving-account.aspx page;
- On the menu, choose the opening account tab.
- Enter all the required details, ensure you have all the proof documents.
- Next, visit the nearest Union Bank branch with all documents for account opening.
- The bank officials will verify the details and provide an account number.
Missed Call Services
Union Bank has an official toll-free number 09223009696. Once you call the number, the Bank will send a representative to open a bank account.
The applicant can visit the Bank with all legal documents; the bank executives will assist you in every step and instantly provide the saving account number.
What is the interest frequency on the savings bank account?
Union Bank calculates the interest daily but credits it quarterly to your account.
Can I avail of standing instruction on a savings account?
Yes, standing instructions apply to the savings account; it can be used to transfer funds, pay bills, etc.