The American Express credit card: application status, eligibility, documents, and application 2022 process at https://online.americanexpress.com/eaol/statusCheckAction.do
American Express Credit Card
The American Express Company is popularly known as Amex; it’s a global financial service company. Which serves in different countries, it was established in 1850. It works as an electronic payment card under the financial company American Express (AXP). It ranks among the best credit card issuer with incredible rewards and benefits. American express offers prepaid, charge, and credit cards to different applicants. The company provides the cards to individual applicants, small businesses, and corporate consumers in the U.S and other parts of the world.
India is among the countries enjoying American express card benefits. The majority of credit cardholders use the cards for travel, shopping, etc. There are different types of American Express credit cards (2022) as follows:
- Gold card
- Membership reward card.
- SmartEarn credit card.
- Platinum reserve card
- Platinum travel card
- Jet Airways platinum card.
General Benefits for American Express Credit Cards
- AMEX credit cards provide new members with 11,000+ rewards points as welcome gifts.
- Discounts on dining.
- Rewards members with travel vouchers.
- Priority pass membership.
- Lounge allowance at the airport and great hotels, resorts, and Air miles ion travel booking.
Eligibility Criteria for American Express Credit Card
- The applicant should be 18 years and above.
- The individual or business must have an account (saving or current A/C) with an Indian/multinational bank in India.
- The new applicant needs to have clean credit card records to acquire an AMEX credit card.
- One should be a permanent resident of India.
- Income criteria are different based on the credit card you require.
- Address proof documents such as D/L, voter’s ID card, passport Aadhaar card, etc.
- Income proof certificate. Recent salary slips or ITR/ balance sheet for the past years.
- Identity documents such as the Aadhaar card, voter’s ID. PAN card Ration card etc.
How to Apply for American Express through Online
- Go to the respective bank website portal.
- On the menu, click the credit card option.
- Select the credit cards in the personal section.
- The portal will open a new page with different types of credit cards. You can learn about the features, rewards points, and offers for each type of credit card from the page.
- Go through the cards and select one from the list.
- Next, click apply button, the system will open the eligibility application page.
- Read all terms and conditions about the credit card and bank information.
- Ensure to save a copy of the required documents before proceeding.
- Now click the check box to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Fill in the following details and documents:
- Applicant’s first and last name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- And gender.
- Annual income.
- PAN number
- Address details
- PIN code
- Recheck the details and click the save button to proceed.
- Next, enter information about the existing American express card number (if any). The system will check the existing KYC details.
- Now enter the employer information as follows:
- The employment status
- Company’s name
- Company’s address
- PIN code
- Landline number (STD code)
- Office number.
- Education level
- Aadhaar card number
- Select the save button to continue.
- The bank will verify the above details and check the eligibility of the applicant.
- The bank may issue or reject the request
How to Check American Express Credit Card Status Online
- Visit the American Express India application tracker.
- The system will request verification details.
- Enter your registered mobile number and application id.
- The app will validate the details and offer the application status online.
American express status check through the offline method
The applicant must keep their application ID safe. To use it during status check, one can call the customer care for help. Use the numbers +91124-2801800 or 1800-419-3646. The customer care service is available throughout for help. The applicant can also check the status through the American express local branch. One must provide the mobile number and reference number to get the application status.
- Why does my American Express credit card application status show “No records found?”
The American express status updates at 6 PM IST from Monday to Friday. The applicant should wait for the update. It will later show “in-progress” to give the bank time to verify your details. You can also contact customer care for more information.
- How long does the American express bank process the credit card request?
The process takes one month to complete. However, the process might delay the bank requires more information.