What is UPI PIN? | How to Change/Reset UPI Pin Guide on changing UPI Pin on your phone through payment wallets such as Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, Mobikwik UPI, BHIM APP, and more
How to Change UPI Pin
Money transfer channels are crucial aspects to many Indian residents. The majority of people use mobile transfer apps to send and receive money. This eliminates the need to visit banks or money agents for transactions. However, to enable the swift transfer process.
The National Payment Corporation of India developed a secure facility, namely UPI (Unified Payment Interface). The payment system allows users to transfer money from one bank to another. The UPI system contains a Pin which has 4 to 6 digits to help in the payment process.
UPI users have the privilege to change or reset the UPI PIN anytime. Some users also forget their Pin, compelling them to create a new Pin. One can change the OIN through several payment apps such as PhonePe, Google Pay, Paytm, BHIM and more. All the apps are UPI enabled, making it easy to changing or reset the Pin.
Reset UPI Pin
How to Change UPI Pin in PhonePe
- Go to the PhonePe app on your device.
- Click the “My money” option followed by the “Bank account” tab under the payment section.
- Select the bank account details you want to reset.
- Next, click the “reset” button.
- Now enter the last six digits of the Debit card number.
- Press “proceed”, the system will send an OTP code to your registered mobile number.
- Next, enter the code to verify the details and continue.
- Now key in the “New UPI Pin”, reenter the UPI pin for confirmation.
- Select the “tick icon” on the screen to complete the reset process.
How to Change UPI Pin in Google Pay (Gpay)
Step by step process to change your UPI PIN using Google Pay app
- Open the Google Pay app on your smartphone
Proceed to the profile option on the top of the page.
- Select the setup payment methods tab
Next Tab >bank account which you want to change the UPI pin.
- Next select “forget UPI Pin”
Now enter the last six digits of your debit card.
- Review the details and click submit button
Key in the UPI Pin you want and click submit button.
- Re-enter the UPI Pin
And click submit button again.
Changing UPI PIN on Paytm APP
- Go to Paytm app on your device and select the profile icon on the page.
- Next, click the setting tab.
- Choose the saved card and bank account under the payment section.
- The page will show a list of bank accounts added to the Paytm account.
- Click on the account you wish to change/reset the UPI Pin to proceed.
- Select the tab “create new UPI pin to start the reset UPI pin.
- The system will offer two options: change/reset through debit card number or previous UPI pin.
- Enter the last six digits of the debit card number and the expiry date to continue for debit card numbers.
- For the previous UPI pin, click the option “I remember my old UPI pin.” enter the old pin and set a new UPI pin by clicking the “set” button.
- Now you can access any service on your Paytm account.
How to Change UPI Pin in BHIM APP
The BHIM is a government initiative developed by the National Payment Corporation of India.
- Open the BHIM app on your device and click the profile icon on the page.
- Select the bank account you wish to change the UPI Pin to continue.
- Next, click the tab “forgot UPI Pin”> key in the 6-digit debit card number >expiry date to proceed.
- The page will send an OTP code to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP code and set your preferred UPI Pin, and click the tick icon to complete the process.
How to Change/Reset UPI Pin for Mobikwik UPI APP
- Open the Mobikwik app and click the profile icon on the top screen.
- The page will list bank accounts added to the Mobikwik account.
- Select the account you wish to change the UPI pin.
- Key in the last six digits of the debit card number and expiry date. The user can also use the previous UPI Pin option to change the UPI pin.
- Enter the OTP code sent on your mobile number and set a new UPI pin.
- Now click the tick icon on the page.
How to Change/Reset UP IPIN for Amazon Pay
- Navigate to the Amazon app on your smartphone.
- Select the “Amazon Pay UPI” tab.
- Choose your preferred bank account from the list of accounts on Amazon account.
- Next, click “forgot UPI Pin” and enter the last six digits of the debit card and expiry date.
- Press the tab “set UPI Pin” >enter the OTP code to verify the details.
- Now enter your preferred UPI Pin and click the tick icon on the page.
- Which option can I use to change UPI Pin without a debit card number?
The user can also change the UPI Pin if they remember the previous UPI PIN.One needs to enter the old pin and then key the new Pin to reset the UPI pin.