PAN Aadhaar Link: benefits, status check, linking process 2022, details about pan card link aadhar card at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
PAN Aadhar Link
Aadhaar card is a unique legal document issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The 12-digit document is mandatory for all Indian citizens; it acts as a proof document and also holds all the E-KYC details of the cardholder. The PAN card (permanent identification number) is also a legal document in India issue by the Income Tax department under the central board of direct Tax CBDT. PAN card holds a significant role in tax filling and acts as an identity proof document.
The two significant cards have a high impact on the Indian citizens as they use it in banking activities, filling return and many different facilities. To make the process more effective the supreme court gave an order stating that “Aadhaar card is mandatory for applying income tax returns and for applying new PAN” This verdict leaves no option for the citizens applying for new PAN card have to link their Aadhar cards.
All taxpayers also have to submit their Aadhar number to the Tax authority. All PAN cards should be linked to the Aadhaar card according to the ACT 139AA (2). On this article, we check on the benefits of linking the cards, how to link and check the status of the link process and deadline details.
How to Link Pan with Aadhaar Card
Benefits of linking PAN with the Aadhaar card
The two cards are essential to the Indian citizens they act as proof documents on various occasions.
- Linking the two cards will help accelerate the income tax process, it will eliminate manual signature, and digital signature when it comes to income tax filling.
- The process will assist citizens open bank account electronically without providing other documents since Aadhaar has all E-KYC details.
- The Aadhaar card is used to authenticate tax filling directly and check all transaction details using the income tax login page.
Benefits for the Government (pan card link aadhar card)
- The government can track all transactions and curb the issue of multiple PAN cards to evade tax payment.
- It will also stop the problems of black money.
How to Link Pan with Aadhar Card
How to link Aadhaar and PAN through income tax E-filling web page?
- Visit the income tax e-filling website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- On the homepage click on the link “Aadhaar” which is below quick links.
- Next, enter the PAN, Aadhaar number, name as indicated on the Aadhaar.
- Check if the date of birth is mention on the Aadhaar card, if so click on the tick on the checkbox.
- Now enter the security code then click on the options link Aadhaar option.
- The page will show the message “your Aadhaar will be successfully link with your PAN.
Aadhar Pan Link Through SMS Method
Indian citizens can also link the cards using the SMS method; this is an easy way for an individual without an internet connection.
- On your mobile phone type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN>
- Now send the message to 567678 or 56161 from the registered mobile number.
- The system will verify the details, and if correct, the Aadhaar will be linked with PAN card successfully.
How to Check PAN Aadhaar link status online?
- Go to the official website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home
- on the homepage click the sub-option link “Aadhaar” followed by the tab “quick links.”
- a new page will show select the option “click here to view the status” this is only applicable if you have sent the Aadhaar link request.
- Next, enter all details as request and click on the option “view link Aadhaar status” the portal will provide details whether it is linked or not.
- When is the last date for linking the PAN card with Aadhaar?
The government and the income tax department provides a deadline of 31st March 2021.
- What documents should I provide when linking the cards?
No documents are needed to link the Aadhaar and PAN card online, just check if the information provided is correct then submit the request.
- Can I de-link the Aadhaar card and PAN once linked?
No, once linked, the cards will remain linked.