Link Aadhaar with Voter ID: How to link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card 2023 by sending SMS at www.nvsp.in
Voter ID Link With Aadhar
Voter ID: Voting is a fundamental right of every Indian citizen who is 18 years and above. The Government allows voter id holders to practice their rights by voting freely at any official elections. The voter card is issued by India’s election commission, automatically adding the cardholder’s 2name to the electoral list. Voter id is also used as an identity proof document. It helps in electing the candidate of choice to certain positions in the Government.
The Aadhaar card is an exclusive 12-digit number issue by the UIDAI (unique identification authority of India). The card contains all your biometric information such as fingerprint, iris scan, and demographic details. The central Government of India requires all citizens to link their Voter id card to the Aadhaar card. These also apply to all other cards such as PAN card.
The seeding will help people access their details using Aadhaar. It will help curb the illegal issuing of more than one voter’s card. The linking process is known as EPIC (electoral photo identification card). Today we focus on several ways of linking the voter id to an Aadhaar card.
Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Card
Linking Aadhaar card to Voter ID EPIC Online Process Using the National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP)
The Government has an official website portal that helps seed the voter card and Aadhaar card quickly. The process is referred to as portal seeding or self-seeding, which is completed using the NVSP portal.
- Note the process is conduct online where each state government has an official set up of the portal https://www.nvsp.in.
- Log in to your state government NVSP page and enter your voter id number.
- Next, enter the required details such as name, registered mobile number, and date of birth.
- Now enter your Aadhaar number and the OTP, which is sent to your mobile number.
- Use the OTP for verification of Aadhaar details.
- Once the details are approve, the system will send an acknowledgment number.
- Keep the number for status checking and other references.
- However, the number should be registered to the Aadhaar number.
Required Details for The NVSP to Complete the Process
- Your voter id or EPIC number.
- Aadhaar card
- Registered mobile number.
Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card Using SMS
Voter id holder can link the cards using the SMS method. Use your phone to complete the process as follows:
- Send the SMS to 166 or 51969
- ECILINK<SPACE>EPICNO. ><SPACE><Aadhaar number>
The process is fast and straightforward to ensure to enter the correct details.
Linking Voter ID with Aadhaar Card Using the Phone
The Indian central Government has different call centers in all states. The Government has issued a number that voters can use for seeding purposes. The number 1950 is the number to call to begin the process.
- Voter id holders can use booth level officers BLOs situated in every state to help link the Aadhaar card with voter id.
- The Government also organizes camps at different times to help in the linking and registration process.
You need to provide all the required documents to the BLO officers to help link the cards.