National voter service portal NVSP new voter id application, status check and official application process at https://www.nvsp.in (or) https://electoralsearch.in
NVSP Status Check
India’s voter id application process is quite accessible since the introduction of the NVSP online portal. Citizens can avail online services without visiting the physical offices. Now they can apply, check the status and make changes on the voter’s card using online applications. National voter service portal (NVSP) is the official online portal developed the Indian government to curb delays and help avail all services in one single platform. The facility holds all the election commission details where citizens can access with just a few login information. NVSP was established on 25th January 2015 and has help voters verify their information on the polling process and other election information quickly.
Voter ID Eligibility Criteria
To be considered as a voter, the government has set out rules to govern citizens; one has to fulfil all the criteria to apply for voter id card.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- They must be 18 years and above.
- The applicant should have a permanent physical address.
- Applicant should be of sound mind and clear of any criminal offences.
Required Documents before the application process
- Legal identification proof documents such as PAN card, Aadhaar card, passport etc.
- Recent photograph.
- Address proof documents such as passport, PAN card or driving license.
Voter id card online application form
The online application process for new voter id
Voter application can happen using online and offline process. However, the government encourages citizens to use the online process to have a proper recording.
- Navigate to the official NVSP website portal: www.nvsp.in
- On the homepage, select the tab to apply online for registration of new voters.
- Enter the details as a request on form 6, key in the personal information, address and upload the required documents.
- Recheck the details then proceed to the declaration page. Click on the option replies after all documents are validated the system will provide the voter id. Applicants can check their application status using the official website page.
Voter ID Card status 2020-2021
How to check the NVSP voter application status check.
- Open the official website link https://www.nvsp.in/forms/trackstatus.
- On the menu, select the tab track application status from the homepage.
- On the portal, a new application status page will show, enter the reference id then select the tab track status.
- The system will display the status of your voter’s id on the screen.
Voter id search by name
Checking applicants name on the NVSP voter list
The electoral commission has a legal list of registered voter; one can use the online method to look for their names.
- Go to the NVSP official website link https://electoralsearch.in/
- On the homepage check for the options search your name in the electoral roll.
- The page will prompt the applicant to provide personal and voter id details.
- Now enter the security code on the page then select the tab search.
- The page will display the voter’s information on the screen if they happen to be on the electoral list.
How to Apply for Duplicate voter id card?
For applicants with a voter id but lost or need a duplicate id they can follow the following steps:
- Visit the state electoral officer’s website https://www.nvsp.in.
- On the page check for the form EPIC-002 and click on the download button, note each state has a different format.
- Enter the required documents and attach all the mandatory documents such as identity proof and FIR.
- Ensure all details are correct then submit the form to the nearest electoral offices. The applicant will receive a reference number for a status check.
- If the information is valid, the documents are sent to the next level.
- Now applicant can track their duplicate voter id using the official website.
- The electoral officers will send an SMS of when to collect the card.
The government has offered all these services free of charge all they need is to apply using the official website. The site provides all details about the voter’s id status; they need to have the reference number to help in the status process. Ensure all information is correct to avoid confusion or deny of voter’s card.
NVSP Voter ID official forms
The NVSP portal has all forms which cover all issues regarding the applicant. In case of changes, status check and other activities. Not every service has an official form to fill; the forms are shown below:
- New voters for online registration use form 6
- The online application form overseas voters who use the form6A
- Deleting or objection of in the electoral roll: form 7
- If there are any corrections on the data entered using the form 8
- About transportation according to the assembly form 8A
NVSP Status Check at https://www.nvsp.in/forms/trackstatus