PM Kisan status 2021 check for 9th Installment | PM Kisan Beneficiary Status 2021 at https://pmkisan.gov.in/beneficiarystatus.aspx
PM Kisan Beneficiary Status 2021
The nationwide PM Kisan scheme has benefits lakhs of Indian farmers. The scheme benefits small and marginal farmers in the country. The government offers Rs.6000 annual, where the amount is divided into three instalments. Each install goes for Rs.2000, which goes to farming activities and other beneficial services in the family. PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme has involved many farmers since its development on 24th January 2019.
Farmers received their 8th instalment in June 2021 and awaiting the 9th instalment in August 2021. New and old applicants will receive financial benefits from the scheme. Eligible farmers need to register and apply online. The government will transfer the funds within four months. Beneficiaries of the 9th instalment will receive Rs.2000/- after every four months. To get the pradhan mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi details, eligible farmers can check the beneficiary list, application status, and other related schemes. PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana List 2021
Eligibility criteria for PM Kisan scheme
- Applicants must be an Indian citizens.
- The applicant should be a farmer (small or marginal farmer).
- Retired citizens with a monthly pension of Rs. 10,000 are not qualified for the scheme.
- Applicants in the BPL category can apply for the PM Kisan scheme.
- If the farmer pays income tax per financial year, they are not eligible for the scheme.
Requirements for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
- An Aadhaar card
- Voter ID
- Active bank account
- Kisan credit card.
- Negra job card.
- Mobile number/email ID
- Driving license.
PM Kisan New Farmer Registration Process
The PM Kisan scheme is open to all small and marginal farmers. An applicant can apply through the PM Kisan scheme website portal or visit the Common service centre. The pradhan mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi official link is www.pmkisan.gov.in.
- Visit the Pradhan mantri Kisan website page link.
- On the homepage, click the “new farmer registration” option under the farmer corner section.
- Next, enter the following details:
- Aadhaar number
- Name of the state
- Type of application (urban or rural).
- Next, enter the captcha code and enter the regional language.
- Proceed and key in the details:
- Applicant’s name
- Father and mother’s name
- Land information.
- Bank passbook details
- Aadhaar card
- Mobile number
- Recheck the information and click submit button.
- The system will generate the data and create a registration slip.
- Download or print the slip for reference.
PM Kisan Beneficiary Status
How to Check PM Kisan Beneficiary Status Check online Payment and Beneficiary List
The government deposited the 9th instalment funds on 9th August 2021 at 12:00 pm. Eligible beneficiaries can follow up on the payment from the pradhan mantri Kisan website page.
- Open the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi website page www.pmkisan.gov.in
On the homepage, menu click “beneficiary list” to proceed.
- Now select the state, district/sub-district, block and village.
Proceed to the option “Get the report.”
- The page will display the beneficiary list on the screen.
Select your name and confirm before proceeding to the homepage.
- On the homepage, select the beneficiary status option.
Enter Aadhaar number, mobile number and account number.
- Recheck the data and click the “Get date” option.
The system will generate the status of the instalment payment and display it on the screen.
- I cannot trace my name on the beneficiary list?
The PM Kisan scheme authority reviews and verify all user details and documents. The applicant needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying. However, late registration can also contribute to not getting a chance at the PM Kisan scheme.
- Can I apply when the land belongs to my parents?
No, the scheme requires the applicant to own the land (landowner) before applying for the scheme.
- I have qualified, but the name has a mistake though the bank and mobile details are mines?
Suppose a mistake in name applies; the user should visit the Common service centre for rectification.