The YSR Bima: YSR Bheema Scheme Eligibility criteria, Beneficiary list, YSR Bheema application process, Required documents, and more at https://ysrbima.ap.gov.in
Losing a family member to an accident or disability is devastating. However, it’s more challenging if the member happens to be the sole breadwinner. The majority of families sink into poverty as they cannot afford basic requirements. The Andhra Pradesh State government under the guidance of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. They have developed a new insurance scheme for all families from below poverty line categories.
The YSR Bima scheme is developed to help families who lose their family breadwinner to death by accident or disability. The insurance will benefit the families of casual workers and poor state residents. The government has assigned Rs.510 Crores to cater for more than 1.14 crore families in AP state. The government will deposit Rs. 1.5 lakhs in the beneficiary’s Bank account within 15 days. They will also receive Rs—10,000 as immediate financial relief. However, the beneficiaries must pay Rs.15/- per year to receive the funds. The eligible applicant can use both online and offline methods to apply for the scheme.
Objectives of YSR Bima scheme
Death and disability are pretty crucial matters to deal with as a family. It affects the bereaved family emotionally and financially. The AP government launched the scheme to curb the hardships that arise once the head of the family dies or cannot work. The insurance helps financially and eases the recovery from the tragedy.
YSR Bima Scheme
The YSR Bheema insurance coverage under the YSR Bima scheme
The AP government offers the following insurance coverage to eligible beneficiaries.
- A beneficiary in the age group of 18 to 50 years: Rs. 5 lakhs for death through accident or permanent disability.
- Age 51 to 70 years: YSR Bheema insurance cover of Rs. 3 lakhs for accidental death and permanent disability.
- Ages 18to 50 years: an insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakhs for natural death cases.
- Age 18 to 70 years: insurance coverage of Rs. 1.5 lakh for partial disability caused by accident.
Benefits of YSR Bima scheme
- The scheme helps cover the financial dent caused by death or disability.
- Beneficiaries can easily adjust and start up a business.
- The amount is released within a short period, thus benefiting the bereaved family.
- It reduces poverty within the state as families can start businesses and adjust fast.
- Families can easily cater to the medical needs of disabled members.
YSR Bima Scheme Nominee
- The son should be 21 years and above.
- The wife of the deceased or disabled member.
- Unmarried daughter.
- Widowed daughter.
- The dependents parents
- The children of the widowed daughter or widowed daughter-in-law.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required for YSR Bheema
- Applicants ration card (white ration card)
- An Aadhaar card
- The nominee should be a permanent resident of AP state.
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Recent passport photo.
- Mobile number.
- The applicant should be from unorganized workers/casual.
- Active bank account
How to Apply YSR Bima Scheme
The scheme allows for the offline and online application process. The appointed village volunteers conduct the applicant process. They will visit the homes of eligible applicants and verify the information, such as a white ration card.Once they confirm, they will select the beneficiary and later disburse it to the beneficiary’s bank account. Note the eligible beneficiaries will make a payment of Rs.15/- per annum.
How to Download YSR Bima Mitra App
- Open Google play store or App store on your device.
- Type BIMA Mitra app on the search bar.
- Select the correct app and click the download button.
- Once it downloads, click the install button to get the app on your device.
How to View SLA status from the YSR Bima scheme
- Open the YSR Bima website portal link.
- On the homepage, click the “reports” option to open a new page.
- Next, click “District wise SLE status.”
- The system will generate the details on the screen.
How to view the list of claims under the YSR Bima scheme
- Visit the YSR Bima website portal.
- Click the “reports” button on the homepage menu.
- Next select “stage wise” to continue.
- The page will display the list of claims on the screen.
- How can I apply for the YSR Bima scheme?
The applicant can download the application form from the official website. However, the scheme officers will conduct a door-to-door survey to determine the eligible beneficiaries. They will verify the details and documents and if satisfied with the information. The insurance amount is deposited into your bank.
- What is the age limit for the YSR Bima scheme?
The scheme issuance applicants in the age gap of 18 to 70 years. The applicant or beneficiary must be from unorganized worker and a permanent resident of AP state.
- YSR Bima official website