Ayushman Bharat-Arogya Karnataka: Health card distribution, benefits, enrollment centers at Mera.pmjay.gov.in
India’s health comes first; the central government has streamlined and introduced different measures in the health system to help all patients receive quality health care. The implementation of the largest health insurance coverage scheme has brought relief to many Indian citizens, especially the Karnataka state citizens. The scheme Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya or the National Health Protection Scheme is a government-sponsored program to facilitate health care to all citizens. It was officially launch at 2018 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to assist needy patients in receiving quality health. The scheme is also undertaken by Ayushman Bharat Mission of the Ministry of health and family welfare.
The Karnataka government has actively embraced the scheme providing the state citizens with all required health facility. The plan works under the Arogya Karnataka scheme, there other different schemes merged in the Arogya Karnataka all to assist the citizens in leading a better life.
- The Vajpayee Arogyashree, Yeshaswini scheme
- Rashtriya Bala Swasthaya Karyakram RBSK
- Rajiv Arogya Bhagya scheme.
- Cochlear implant scheme
- Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish scheme, Indira Suraksha Yojane.
The government has made the services available in all government and empanelled private hospitals. Citizens can visit any of the facility and receive proper treatment. However, patients require the Arogya Karnataka health card to receive the services. The Suvarna Arogya Suraksha trust is working in hand with the health department to implement the new scheme.
How to Apply Arogya Karnataka Health card?
The health card is digitally generated to achieve all applicant E-KYC details. The process requires one to provide their Aadhaar card number. The patient’s e-biometric imprint is made through digital biometric device then validated with the CIDR Aadhar server, the information will automatically generate.
The system will also provide an OTP number for cases with wrong biometric information or not recognized. The data can be retrieved from using a QR code or from the food department databases.
Enrollment centers of Ayushman Bharat (Arogya Karnataka)
The enrollment centers are distributed where in Bangalore, citizens can visit the Bengaluru center. For the Karnataka, they have one center where all citizens can register for the health card. Applicants have to pay Rs. 30 to get the Arogya health card.
Benefits of Arogya health card
- The can helps patients receive quality healthcare freely from all public hospitals and empanelled private facility.
- Patients can get admit to a general public hospital and receive free services. They can get refer to a private hospital for treatment using the same health card after the doctor provides the referral letter.
- Transparency in the health system as hospitals won’t extort money from patients.
- All treatment facilities are available under the scheme.
- The government can trace the number of patients benefiting using an online portal.
Network hospitals of Arogya Karnataka
Arogya Karnataka scheme is integrated into all government hospitals; patients can visit and receive treatment freely. However, not all private hospitals are using the health card unless a notified network is implemented. Doctors from a public hospital can write a letter to refer a patient to any private facility where the card will cover the treatment.
Note the card covers BPL families with free treatment and provides only 30% benefit for the APL families where they have o pay the rest of the funds. The government hospital only refers to patients who cannot receive treatment at the public facility. Arogya health card is only valid when the patient is admit for treatment.
- Does the Arogya health card cater for all citizens?
The health card is only limited to some patients; BPL families receive free treatment while APL families pay part of the treatment amount.
- Is the card available for all hospitals in the Karnataka state?
No, Arogya health can is only available to government hospitals and the empanelled private hospitals.
- Do patients pay any amount if they are referred from a public hospital?
Patients from the government hospital using the Arogya health card can use it in the referred private hospital. However, the doctor has to write a letter to the private facility.