Apply for Kisan Credit Card scheme online in India. Kisan Credit Card – Kisan Credit Card Apply Online | Kisan Loan Scheme 2021 at Pmkisan.gov.in
Kisan Credit Card
The Kisan credit card loan scheme is among the oldest government schemes in India. The KCC scheme was established in 1998 (22 years ago) by NABARD (National bank of Agricultural and rural development). The scheme has benefited thousands of farmers in India by providing short-term loans for their farming activities. Farmers can access the credits during any season or crop cycle, thus reducing the risk of crop failure due to lack of finances. The loans cover agriculture, fisheries, and animal husbandry.
The Indian government aims to eradicate other creditors who offer high-interest loans for farmers. The KCC schemes have flexible payment and low-interest rates affordable for every farmer. The farmers are expected to repay according to the harvest period. A convenient way for all farmers as interest rates start from 2% to 4% only. Indian farmers also receive a credit limit, which comes in handy by purchasing other farm equipment.
Eligibility criteria when applying for a Kisan credit card loan
- The applicant should be the landowner/cultivator.
- For joint group borrowers, the group should be the landowner.
- The scheme allows sharecroppers, tenant’s farmers, and oral lessee to apply for the loan.
- Applicants from self-help groups and joint liability groups tenant’s farmers etc.
- Farmers practicing animal husbandry and fishers can also apply.
Eligible farmers under the non-farm activities (fisheries and animal husbandry)
The inland fisheries and Aquaculture
The category involves fish farmers, fishers, and SHGs, JLGs, and women groups. The beneficiary must either own or lease the non-farm activity. The items or equipment to own or lease are pond, tank, open water body, hatchery, etc.
The applicant should have a registered boat or other fishing equipment. They should also have a license from the authority to fish at sea.
Eligible beneficiaries can be in joint groups, SHGs, JLGs, tenant farmers, women groups, or individual farmers. The government credits the beneficiary for poultry keeping, sheep, rabbits, goats, pigs, and birds. One should have rented/leased or owned sheds to qualify.
Dairy farmers, SHGs, JLGs, and tenant farmers own, Rent, or lease the sheds.
What are the required documents for applying KCC loan scheme?
- An application form.
- Identity proof documents: Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter id, etc.
- Address proof documents: Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving license, and voter id.
- Legal land documents.
- A recent passport size photo.
- Security PDC (requested by the issuing bank)
Kisan Credit Card Apply Online
- Go to the Kisan Credit card website portal.
- On the menu, select the option “Kisan credit card.”
- Proceed and select the button “apply” the system will open the application page.
- Now fill in the required information, then click the option “submit.”
- The portal will generate a reference number.
- The bank will review your details, and if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- They will get back to you with 3-4 working days.
Offline application process.
The offline method requires the applicant to visit the bank branch. You can first download the application form from the website. The bank executive will assist in filling the form, and once done, the officer will help select the amount.
How to apply for Kisan credit card Scheme
Indian farmers can apply for a Kisan creditcard under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is a legal government scheme. The scheme is established to provide farmers with Rs. 6,000 per year. To cater for farmer produce and activities.
The scheme is divided into different installments. Here the farmers benefit in different phases (1st installment to 7th installments). The government uses the schemes to unite all farmers where PM Kisan beneficiaries can also apply for Kisan credit cards.
- Visit the official website of the selected commercial banks in India.
- Fill the application form from the portal.
- Enter all the mandatory farm details (crop sown and land records)
- After filling the form, please submit it to the (CSC) common service centers.
- They will transfer the form to the respective banks.
Banks Providing Kisan credit card
The majority of Indian banks offering Kisan credit cards have a proposal for more extended loan repayment. The banks feel the agricultural sector is under pressure and should have a more extended loan period. The suggested increase in tenure is from 12 months to 36-48 months. The suggestion was raised at the state level banker’s consultancy meeting in West Bengal.
The banks also proposed that farmers avail of extra loans even after they fail to repay their first loan. To receive the new loan, the farmers should service the interest rates for the previous loan. The banks have a 3-stage consultation process on the directions passed by the department of financial services.
The bank’s interest rates differ from one bank to the other. A beneficiary can select the bank to settle for and request for the KCC loan. However, KCC has the lowest interest rate of 2% to 4%.
For more info please download this Circular PDF file https://pmkisan.gov.in/Documents/finalKCCCircular.pdf