The life certificate for pensioners: EPFO extends deadline. How to submit life certificate for pensioners online & EPFO at https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ppouser/login
Life Certificate for Pensioners
It’s a norm for all pensioners who receive their pension through the pension disbursing authorities (PDAs). To provide the life certificate or the Jeevan Praman Patra to the PDAs once a year. The submission process is done personally or by giving the life certificate in the prescribed format. EPFO a legal body in India that is a retirement benefits scheme. It guarantees to provide a minimum pension of Rs. 1,000 to eligible pensioners. Employees under the EPFO and who have contributed to the scheme for at least ten years qualify for the pension.
Since it’s mandatory to present the life certificate annually, the EPFO on Saturday relieved all pensioners (35 lakh) of the hassle of submitting the certificates to the respective PDAs. These happen due to the current Covid-19 situation giving pensioners time. The EPFO extended the deadline till next year (February 28th, 2021). The pensioners can submit their Jeevan Praman Patra anytime and still enjoy the pension benefit.
The press release
The EPFO body introduced a new online system for pensioners to submit their life certificate. The report was announced in February 2020. The online life certificate is legal and valid for one year from the date of submission. However, the EPFO is working hard to implement the plan entirely. Before the Covid-19pandemic, the deadline for submission was November 30th. Any pensioners who failed to submit didn’t get their pension from January. The new digital system will help as pensioners can submit any benefit anytime for the next 12 months.
The life certificate is generated online and offline. You can opt to submit through the online method and reduce the hassle of physically visiting the offices. You can submit using the EPFO office, PDAs, UMANG app, and common service center CSC.
How to Submit life Certificate For Pensioners Online
Requirements for generating digital life certificate.
- The pensioner’s Aadhaar card.
- Registered or operational mobile number.
How to register on the Jeevan Pramaan app
To avail of the digital certificate, the pensioner has to register on the app. use the following steps to register and avail of the certificate.
- Open your smart device and download the Jeevan Pramaan app. Install and open to proceed.
- On the menu, click the tab “new registration.”
- Next, enter the Aadhaar number, bank account, name, mobile number, and pension payment order PPO.
- Now click the option “send OTP” the system will send an OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Use the OTP and validate the details using the Aadhaar.
- Now click the submit button, and the Pramaan ID will show.
How to generate Life Certificate Online
The online platform requires several details, such as a biometric fingerprint/iris scanner device. For more information or support, the applicant should contact the Jeevanpramaan@gov.in
- Visit the Jeevan Pramaan app/ portal using the Pramaan ID and OTP number.
- On the menu, click the tab “generate Jeevan Pramaan,” then enter your Aadhaar number and mobile number.
- Select the option “generate OTP.”
- The system will send the OTP to the registered mobile number. Enter the number to validate the details.
- Next, enter the PPO number, name, and name of the PDA.
- Now scan your fingerprint or iris and authenticate using Aadhaar details.
- The system will show the life certificate and Jeevan pramaan Patra.